project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links  (Read 426209 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links
« Reply #510 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:40 pm »
i saw the latest upload did Destructavator but i dont want to play a debug version cause im a noob :)

I don't understand this. Debug version only (mostly) means it tells you more about the nature of the bug if you encounter any. Everything in the game is the same.

-geever

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2010, 09:38:08 pm »
I don't understand this. Debug version only (mostly) means it tells you more about the nature of the bug if you encounter any. Everything in the game is the same.

-geever

hi geever,
thanks for the fast reply. i was worried about the look from the game (overlay and in game), cause i though its looks more like a mapeditor or something... but if there not big different i try the debug out.

Offline ShadesOfGrey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2010, 05:13:52 am »
hi geever,
thanks for the fast reply. i was worried about the look from the game (overlay and in game), cause i though its looks more like a mapeditor or something... but if there not big different i try the debug out.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you may be running Radiant, which is in fact a map editor.  You sure you're actually running ufo.exe?

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2010, 01:18:03 pm »
I could be wrong, but it sounds like you may be running Radiant, which is in fact a map editor.  You sure you're actually running ufo.exe?

sorry about my english, maybe you understand me wrong.. i was just trying to catch information about debug and release compile, at this moment im not even try out any version.
im downloaded yesterday the debug compile and it looks great.. really nice work.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile

Aesten

« Reply #515 on: May 24, 2010, 08:43:18 am »
What do you use to make your builds? I grabbed the script thing the other day, and compiled last night. Far as I can tell though, It compiled the 2.4 trunk, same revision as what you have there though. And again, from what I can tell, based on http://cia.vc/stats/project/ufoai 30111 is a trunk revision, hasn't been merged back into 2.3 branch.

Just trying to figure out if there's a way to force the script to only grab branch builds or something along those lines.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:45 am »
What do you use to make your builds? I grabbed the script thing the other day, and compiled last night. Far as I can tell though, It compiled the 2.4 trunk, same revision as what you have there though. And again, from what I can tell, based on http://cia.vc/stats/project/ufoai 30111 is a trunk revision, hasn't been merged back into 2.3 branch.

Just trying to figure out if there's a way to force the script to only grab branch builds or something along those lines.

The whole SVN repository has the same revision number. If you commit something in a branch (trunk is a branch too) the other branches' last revision number will change too. Of course the changes you did in a branch does not appear in the other branch without merge.

To build a 2.3 you should checkout or switch to the 2.3 branch: https://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ufoai/ufoai/branches/ufoai_2.3

-geever

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »
http://www.destructavator.com/92dl/ufoai/ufoai_2_3_win32_r30111.exe

RELEASE version.

Thanks for the upload Destructavator. Whensoever you create the installer you compile the maps fast (no light compile)? cause i dont see any reflections on the textures if im shoot with weapons across the map.

Aesten

« Reply #518 on: May 24, 2010, 03:48:56 pm »
The whole SVN repository has the same revision number. If you commit something in a branch (trunk is a branch too) the other branches' last revision number will change too. Of course the changes you did in a branch does not appear in the other branch without merge.

To build a 2.3 you should checkout or switch to the 2.3 branch: https://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ufoai/ufoai/branches/ufoai_2.3

-geever

Then my question would be how do I make the BuildEnv script GUI thing use the 2.3 branch vs trunk. Though I suppose this is the wrong place to ask. I suppose I could use TortiseSVN or similar to get the repository myself and not have the GUI fetch SVN

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 24, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

I don't use a script or automated wizard.  I use a more traditional programming build environment, specifically Code::Blocks + MinGW, which gives me more control and works better for me, but only because I can program.  (I get to see the actual lines of source code that make up UFO:AI.)  For someone else who is a non-programmer though, the method I use would be more difficult than Muton's script.  If you want that automated script to build the 2.3 branch you'll have to ask Muton to implement it in his script program.

Thanks for the upload Destructavator. Whensoever you create the installer you compile the maps fast (no light compile)? cause i dont see any reflections on the textures if im shoot with weapons across the map.

No, I use default map-building parameters, and since I have a newer machine with a fast i7 CPU it goes rather quickly already.  I'm wondering if you found a bug - Please post a screenshot if you can reproduce the issue, but in a separate forum thread.  I've been busy the last week and haven't had time to actually fire up the game, but if I can later I'll try to reproduce this problem.

Then my question would be how do I make the BuildEnv script GUI thing use the 2.3 branch vs trunk. Though I suppose this is the wrong place to ask. I suppose I could use TortiseSVN or similar to get the repository myself and not have the GUI fetch SVN

As I said, you'll have to talk to Muton, unless you want to build the game the standard way (how I do it, not using the automated script).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:52:29 pm by Destructavator »

Aesten

« Reply #520 on: May 24, 2010, 04:05:53 pm »
I don't use a script or automated wizard.  I use a more traditional programming build environment, specifically Code::Blocks + MinGW, which gives me more control and works better for me, but only because I can program.  (I get to see the actual lines of source code that make up UFO:AI.)  For someone else who is a non-programmer though, the method I use would be more difficult than Muton's script.  If you want that automated script to build the 2.3 branch you'll have to ask Muton to implement it in his script program.

As I said, you'll have to talk to Muton, unless you want to build the game the standard way (how I do it, not using the automated script).

I'm not a coder, but I've fiddled around with compiling builds from svns before. So I imagine I'd be able to figure out how to run all the separate bits myself. Especially considering that is what the script gui uses, C::B and MinGW, with NSIS for packaging an installer. Thanks for your input though!

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 25, 2010, 11:05:31 am »
No, I use default map-building parameters, and since I have a newer machine with a fast i7 CPU it goes rather quickly already.  I'm wondering if you found a bug - Please post a screenshot if you can reproduce the issue, but in a separate forum thread.  I've been busy the last week and haven't had time to actually fire up the game, but if I can later I'll try to reproduce this problem.

possible this isnt a bug, i think that your maps not compiled with lightning effects. Please can you clean all maps and compile them again    ( cause you got the i7 CPU :D ) for the next installer?

If you want more information watch this: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4864.msg38941#msg38941

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2010, 03:51:23 pm »
Anyone got the time to upload a new revision?

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2010, 04:03:10 pm »
If anyone points me to sufficient webspace, I can do that. The ones I have available are only 500 MB apiece, which is not enough for the installer. I have a solidly reliable internet connection of if anyone has enough webspace and the inclination to let me know the username and password, uploading a new installer on a regular basis is not a problem.

I'm not going to go hunting for sufficient webspace on my own, though. As a further FYI, any installers I uploaded would have been done with muton's script.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 30, 2010, 04:05:02 pm »
Anyone got the time to upload a new revision?

Funny thing, I just put up a new one - 2.3 branch, DEBUG:

http://www.destructavator.com/92dl/ufoai/ufoai_2_3_r30221.exe