project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links  (Read 427924 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2009, 10:31:56 am »
Yes we can go up stairs, but I experienced other problems: inaccessible places. Today I recompile my maps to see if it has been fixed already.

Note: As I see the pathfinding is under heavy development (speed it up and so) so you may need to recompile maps often. Or just wait for the end. :)

-geever

Offline Borsti67

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2009, 01:17:19 pm »
Yes we can go up stairs,
...but we can't go down afterwards?!
At least not on stairs; I managed to get some soldiers out of a barn by simply jumping over the edge, but those who hunted down an alien in an intact house were stuck on the 1st floor...

but I experienced other problems: inaccessible places.
I can confirm this. Large areas seem to have a nearly unnoticeable line around them, even if they're plain ground I can't go there.

odie

« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2009, 05:42:36 am »
True. The SVN is a readily available resource that is already ready for storing of things to be downloaded. Many people even use the SVN already to work on the builds themselves. Not me though, Im waiting for the new character models to be finished

Hehe, i am one of em now. :P

Though i agree that SVN by far the most interesting of the lot i have seen......

Back to the issue of servers.... i am waiting for Destructavator to work out something on his end, and then see how. I might consider torrenting the builds if i see some not coming. :P

odie

« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2009, 07:24:37 am »
Muton:

Pssst: Was wondering did u do the incremental updates by physically taking note of what's updated and patching it per se? I noticed also that there have been heavy reconstructing of maps (many more maps being updated at contrib\scripts\compile_maps.bat), does your patches includes re-rendering / compilation of those maps? :D

odie

UFOAI Developer's Built 2.3 R23824
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2009, 11:32:31 am »
Okie,

Managed to compile a new build:
UFOAI Developer's Built 2.3 R23824

It has a complete rebuilt of the recent maps and today's revisions. :)

odie

UFOAI Developer's Built 2.3 R23838 - Coming Up
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2009, 08:39:39 am »
Dear Folks,

Okie, for those uninformed, Filefront is back again.
Only that this time, the upload servers are not online yet.... hence, i am sticking to nakido for a while....

My profile and files uploaded will be at:
odiewoof's nakido page

Past compilations will be there.
The latest built, R23838, is on the way. Should take abt hmmmm, 3 - 4 hrs from now.... at least i can upload and go off for the weekend. :P

Keep your eyes peeled here. I will have more nx week i guess. Weekend's too busy playing this game for me. lol.

Offline SharkD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2009, 06:22:59 am »
Is there a way to list the changes since the previous differential patch? I don't mean you should type them out by hand. Rather, does the SVN software provide a method to export a list of commit logs or something like that?

-Mike

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2009, 10:05:14 am »
To my understanding, yes the SVN keeps a log of changed files, but unless the change log message says whats been changed, which is typed up by the submitter, you can only find what the file is thats been changed

Offline SharkD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2009, 10:16:40 am »
OK, thanks.

Offline SharkD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »
Yes we can go up stairs, but I experienced other problems: inaccessible places. Today I recompile my maps to see if it has been fixed already.

Note: As I see the pathfinding is under heavy development (speed it up and so) so you may need to recompile maps often. Or just wait for the end. :)

-geever

I'm having similar problems. Will recompiling the maps fix this (I'm looking at the instructions onthe wiki right now)? I am using Muton's 23827 build. I don't mind the frequent crashes so much, but the map bugs are really irritating!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:02:21 pm by SharkD »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Offline SharkD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2009, 12:34:35 am »
OK thanks. Do you happen to know before which reversion the pathfinding was still working OK?