project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links  (Read 427819 times)

odie

Re: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2009, 04:36:15 am »
Hi Destructavator,

Just want to let us know here that before we all go off for the weekend, i will upload another compilation revision 23612. Currently its being uploaded to filefront. Once its done, i will come back here and punch in the links for us.

Looking forward to the slow server getting the upload done. :P
(Uploading time says, 5 hrs 25 mins  >:( )

[attachment deleted by admin]

odie

« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2009, 06:14:28 am »
Okie, 1.10pm here, and it says 3hrs more..... Pls be patient and watch this space. :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

odie

« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2009, 09:05:00 am »
Wohooo! The upload's done!

Here's this week's update for UFOAI Developer's Build:
UFOAI Developer's Built R23612

Happy Weekend!

Oh by the way, i am trying to maintain the older builds, so if u need, check my uploads so far:
All recent Builds
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:09:52 am by odie »

s300pmu1

« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:16 pm »
UFOAI Developer's Built R23612

Whenever enter a tactical mission, game crashes back to geoscape with the following error: http://i042.radikal.ru/0903/80/a49288a3f3ab.jpg

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:31 pm »
Whenever enter a tactical mission, game crashes back to geoscape with the following error: http://i042.radikal.ru/0903/80/a49288a3f3ab.jpg

@odie: you should recompile all your maps.

-geever

Curumim

« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2009, 11:20:06 pm »
These are my notes from the latest build (* = my notes):
  • Same problem as s300pmu1
  • IN adition, UFO Fighter seems to be wrong too:
         ==== InitGame ====
         SV_AssembleMap: Map assembly 'craft_crash_fighter' not found
         CM_LoadMap: "-ufocrash/uc_ +drop_firebird +craft_crash_fighter +h07 +h03 +h01 +h05 +h01 +h01" "0 -8 0 -24 0 0 -24 -16 0 16 8 0 -24 16 0 24 -8 0 0 -16 0 16 -16 0"
         ERROR: CM_AddMapTile: ufocrash/uc_drop_firebird has wrong version number (76 should be 77)
         Shutdown server: Server crashed.
  • During normal gameplay (geoscape, whenever there's an external SAM installation) the following error runs a dozen times per second on the console:
         R_RegisterModelShort: Could not find: 'geoscape/defence'                             *Could this be a typo in "defence"?
         Could not find model 'geoscape/defence'
  • Some of my bases have a handfull of captured UFOs, while there is only one hangar. Usually if I schedule to deconstruct one, the spot is freed.
  • The previous Windows dev build (ufoai_2.3-dev_23245_diff_win32.exe) handled UFO interception OK. This one has some glitch, sometimes my aircrafts will try to intercept the UFOs somewhere way far from where the UFOs are (like the other side of the globe when the ufo is actually nearby).

I am using a savegame created with the previous build (ufoai_2.3-dev_23245_diff_win32.exe).

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2009, 11:36:01 pm »
Recompiling the maps should remove the error:
"ERROR: CM_AddMapTile: ufocrash/uc_drop_firebird has wrong version number (76 should be 77)"

odie

« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2009, 03:22:34 am »
@odie: you should recompile all your maps.

-geever

Ah ha, geever. I noticed something too. I did actually do the compile_maps.bat script.
(And i did delete all pk3 files before doing the script.....wondering what went wrong here?)
Nvm, let me try deleting all the pk3 AND the bsp files first before compiling....

Now that u mentioned, i rmbr we used to "compile_maps /clean" in the old script, but upon examining the script now, the batch file has those switches commented off.....

I guess i just have to manually find all *.map and delete them before running a new script?

PS: geever, is there a possibility of amending the batch file so that its /clean by default? Or that it will detect newer files and delete old files then compile? :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:27:36 am by odie »

odie

« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:02 am »
Hi geever,

It seemed like deleting the pk3 AND the bsp files are working. Now just waiting for my duo cores to finish compiling the updated maps.

1) Is there a way to change the batch files so it will update onli the newer files?
2) Maybe we can open a change log thread where maps which are updated and requires fresh compilation can be tagged by map-creators? :P

Maybe if point 2 is not possible, i will just be more diligent and take note of those maps updated at TSVN report and delete those bsps. lol. Would really be a lot breezier if the scripts take care of em. :P

odie

UFO 2.3 Developer's Edition R23665 (With Complete Maps Rebuilt)
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2009, 10:39:21 am »
Okie,

Here's a revised edition, with a complete map rebuilt as geever suggested.
(Yupz, for now, there is no /clean version for compile_maps.bat, so this version is a deletion of all bsp files and clean workspace rebuilt).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2009, 11:00:08 am »
If the maps change the script will detect it and recompile. Now the map compiler and loader (in the game) changed which the scripts couldn't detect. On minor ufo2map changes the maps don't have to be recompiled, only on major ones like the pathfinding patch.

About making /clean as default: it's a bad idea, then you recompile all maps every time which costs much time (at least on slower machines).

-geever

Frungy

Re: UFO 2.3 Developer's Edition R23665 (With Complete Maps Rebuilt)
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2009, 12:35:36 pm »
Thank you kindly sir.

Okie,

Here's a revised edition, with a complete map rebuilt as geever suggested.
(Yupz, for now, there is no /clean version for compile_maps.bat, so this version is a deletion of all bsp files and clean workspace rebuilt).

Curumim

« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2009, 05:28:39 pm »
Thanks Odie. Downloading, will test it as soon as it finishes.

Frungy

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:17 am »
Hi Odie,

Not sure if this is a bug or just an undocumented feature ;)

I downloaded the build you posted (UFO 2.3 Developer's Edition R23665 (With Complete Maps Rebuilt)) and it opens in windowed mode ... which makes it difficult to scroll around the screen, so I switched it to full-screen (I didn't fiddle with anything else, honest!). The geoscape works perfectly, but my first mission (Map +farm in Athens) the game opens the loading screen and then freezes (I waited 5 minutes and no dice).

I then went into the mission in windowed mode and accessed options to switch to full-screen while in tactical mode. The game freezes again when I try to go back to tactical from options.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, Core Duo 3Ghz, 8 gigs Ram, NVideo GeForce 8600 GTS.

Anything else you need to know? Anything else I should be doing when posting potential bug reports?

odie

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2009, 09:48:18 am »
If the maps change the script will detect it and recompile. Now the map compiler and loader (in the game) changed which the scripts couldn't detect. On minor ufo2map changes the maps don't have to be recompiled, only on major ones like the pathfinding patch.

About making /clean as default: it's a bad idea, then you recompile all maps every time which costs much time (at least on slower machines).

-geever

geever,

Nods. I actually agree with you on the /clean. Its time consuming and not worth if not major.

Thanks for clarifying on the pathfinding issue. I did not know that. :)

So, would that means if there are major issues, the batch file (compile_maps.bat) will detect and update? Because, the last time when the bug came up, i did the same batch file, but ran up a compilation which causes freezeup with the combat maps.

PS: Hope this time everything is working better with a fresh compilation. :P I love the way the batch file utilise the multi-core processors.