project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links  (Read 427922 times)

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 03:12:09 am »
Thanks for the explanation. I'll stick with option A for now. If I run into problem experimenting with compiling the program in the future, I'll be relying on your help..:D

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2008, 08:21:25 pm »
Just FYI to all, I'll attempt to grab a relatively stable SVN snapshot and get it uploaded sometime this weekend, as the last link is a good two weeks old (roughly).

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2008, 12:00:46 pm »
Hi,

This is probably a silly question but is it worth doing a "diff" between files contained in the older package and the new one, and host that seperately?

I would use SVN but let's just say the "how to" documentation for it isn't that friendly - if you've done SVN before I guess it's a no-brainer but when I tried it I got a gazillion errors on the download, prompts for credentials and none of that was covered in the docs. It put me off.

If I had the source I might even be able to contribute (I've done more with VB/Fortran/Cobol/C#/ASP.NET etc than with C++ /MFC so there's a small learning curve involved).

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 12:09:05 pm »
Patching releases isn't worth it. Been there done that.

If you're having issues with SVN, ask about it in the coding forum. It really works quite smoothly for most of us.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »
http://www.destructavator.com/public/ufoai-2_3-dev-win32_r20021.zip

I admit I've been busy recently so I didn't really have time to test this one very much, I also think I might be off slightly with the version number, but there it is.

If it turns out this one is very buggy I'll try to upload another one before this weekend.  For those of you who are more interested in simply enjoying a newer version and playing for fun, you might be better off with the previous link, depending on how this one came out (Although none of the builds in this thread are completely stable).

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 02:22:23 pm »
Well, from my opinion this revision has bugs and problems only with Radiant.

I`ve made same snapshot, and doesn`t get any big negative feedbacks.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 04:00:30 am »
A suggestion: When u guys release stable versions in the future, it would be nice for "file version" of ufo.exe (under properties>details) to actually show the current version. That is not usually worth for development builds, but would be a nice touch for stable releases. Anyway, even for development builds, it would still be helpful to have a .txt showing the actual build on game main folder (just a blank .txt with build number as filename).

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 02:27:26 pm »
http://www.destructavator.com/public/ufoai-2_3-dev-win32_r20167.zip

Honestly I didn't really have time to test this one, but there it is.

A suggestion: When u guys release stable versions in the future, it would be nice for "file version" of ufo.exe (under properties>details) to actually show the current version. That is not usually worth for development builds, but would be a nice touch for stable releases. Anyway, even for development builds, it would still be helpful to have a .txt showing the actual build on game main folder (just a blank .txt with build number as filename).

These both sound like good ideas to me, although for stable releases I'm not the one who would make such a decision, but I'll support it.  Regarding the .txt, I don't know if the NSIS installer would automatically pack an extra file like that or not, but I'll give it a shot for next time and see what happens.

If I recall correctly, I believe development builds of the game, when run, show the build date and version information in the corner of the main menu, I'll double-check on that.

EDIT:  Sorry everyone, I found out several hours after posting that link that I goofed on the version number, it isn't 20167.  I'm not sure what revision it really is, but I do know it's the most recent one I've uploaded and linked to.  (Oops!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:00:33 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008, 10:54:26 pm »
I'm currently attempting to upload revision 20247, stay tuned for an update later, hopefully with a download link.

ETA from the time of this post is ~4.5 hours.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 03:31:16 am »

brianinca

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 06:30:41 pm »
I've really appreciated being able to DL compiled dev versions. I wound up switching to Opera to get a better DL client than FF's, much less frustrating. Unfortunately the 20247 build is quite broken on my gaming computer. Where do bug reports go? I'm reluctant to start a new thread, shucks I preferred lurking. I am very impressed by this project and looking forward to the new release, so I'd better speak up.

Regards,
Brian in CA

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2008, 06:59:49 pm »
First, hello and welcome to the forum, nice to see a new face.

Probably the best place to report a bug would be in the bugtracker on sourceforge, for details I'd check the link from here on what to include in the report:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3105.0

Yeah, I noticed myself soon after playing 20247 that it has some issues - I'm actually working on packaging a new installer today, a number of changes have been made since the last build, some that fix many of these issues while other bugs have been created.  Right now I've got a snapshot of the SVN that doesn't look too buggy, although I'd like to test it a little more before uploading it.

It seems the interception / air combat is being re-vamped and re-developed as we speak, although so far in a quick test it seems to work.

I also have to finish a scan before creating a new link, as my AV is complaining and I want to upload something clean - then again, it complains about little trivial things (such as cookies) as well as serious stuff.

Stay tuned.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2008, 10:14:22 am »
http://www.destructavator.com/public/ufoai_win32_r20430.zip

Honestly I had little time and was barely able to test this one, but just in case it works, there it is.

EnderWiggin

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:18 am »
Destructavator, what compiler do you use to compile UFO on Windows? Could you provide exact steps to compile?

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 11:28:58 am »
there is preconfigurated Code::Blocks package. Look to wiki to found it.