project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links  (Read 426088 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Win32 Development Binary Installer Links
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2009, 12:50:44 am »
Revisions from last July. :)

-geever

odie

UFOAI Developer's Built 2.3 R23897
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2009, 07:00:57 am »
Okie, uploading a new version complete built R23897 to filefront.

Its now in compilation (fully uploaded i guess) and takes another abt maybe 2-3 hrs before completion. Hope it will successfully upload by then, if not i will upload via nakido again.

Just being curious, could we just keep this thread or perhaps open a new sticky thread where we just post only:
1) Links for new developers' built.
2) Links for informing about an ongoing built being uploaded (to be added links later).
3) Links for 'patches' somewhat like the ones Muton is building. :)

I will link my next link up in a new thread so look out for that. :)

*Edit*
Here's the new link for update:
UFOAI 2.3 R23897 Developer's Built

PS: This link seemed to be cluttered with all sorta discussions. I propose shifting all downloads out to a diff thread and keeping it a download only thread ok?

*edit*
Started the thread here.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:12:20 am by odie »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2009, 07:24:59 pm »

odie

« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2009, 04:06:02 am »
Haha, nope. Just tat this post seemed cluttered liaoz le. :P Alot of well..... digressions here. Lol.

Make a thread just for posting links' purposes - more like a thread of history of compiled svns, continuously.

Maybe this thread can be kept for posting compiling helps that is required>? Dunnoe.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2009, 07:09:31 pm »
I agree, this thread is a bit cluttered now.   I was hoping it could be retired when 2.3 came out, then a separate thread for the next (after 2.3) release could be started.

On the other hand, if the links aren't all put into one thread and are broken up a lot in multiple threads, that could get messy.

Quite honestly I don't know what the more advanced features of the software for this forum are, I haven't looked at the docs for simple machines forum much, and I don't know what plug-ins are installed to organize the links better.

Perhaps one of the forum admins could help out here, or at least offer a suggestion...

Edit: Small idea: perhaps the threads with links could be arranged by month, such as "April 2.3 test development build links" - this would also make it easier to find an installer built at a certain time or close to it, rather than hunting through threads and looking at dates of each post.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:52:55 am by Destructavator »

odie

« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2009, 04:45:50 am »
I agree, this thread is a bit cluttered now.   I was hoping it could be retired when 2.3 came out, then a separate thread for the next (after 2.3) release could be started.

On the other hand, if the links aren't all put into one thread and are broken up a lot in multiple threads, that could get messy.

Quite honestly I don't know what the more advanced features of the software for this forum are, I haven't looked at the docs for simple machines forum much, and I don't know what plug-ins are installed to organize the links better.

Perhaps one of the forum admins could help out here, or at least offer a suggestion...

Edit: Small idea: perhaps the threads with links could be arranged by month, such as "April 2.3 test development build links" - this would also make it easier to find an installer built at a certain time or close to it, rather than hunting through threads and looking at dates of each post.

Excellent Idea!!
Let me get the thread going.... (which already is... lol).

I thnk your further suggestion of by month = EXCELLENT! Since we have u, muton and myself at least doing updates.... :P I am sure we can guide some more budding compilers! :P

odie

« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2009, 04:57:11 am »

odie

« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2009, 11:48:21 am »
OK thanks. Do you happen to know before which reversion the pathfinding was still working OK?
SharkD,

This pathfinding thing is a high priority thing that the programmers are working on even as we speak - and very diligently. As all troubleshooting and debugging, it can take as short as by tonite, to 2 months down the road. We dun really noe.

I guess the best thing is to keep our eyes peeled on this forum whilst not irritating the programmers with too many questions that wont help. :P

So, whats helpful? Look at the TODO section in Wiki, help with debugging (other than pathfinding queries), help with generating models and maps, translation works and perhaps even making feedback as a beta player. :)

Usually, if its related to something being worked on, someone will enlighten u...... :) Cheers!

feudu

« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:44 pm »
hello,

sorry, but im a noob at this here, why cant u integrate a auto-updater in the development builds.
thats a way to easily up-to-date your version.

sorry, but my english isnt very well.

feudu

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2009, 03:42:35 pm »
Cause for that you would have to have an update system witch would require a server, a quality assurance system that would qualify the release as worthy of a release, a stable feature lock that would guarantee that saves between versions will work[or write a migration tool that will convert saves] and a lot of other not mentioned here things.

This is a work-in-progress project. Any official update mechanisms can be implemented only at a certain project maturity and probably only for bug fix updates.

I think there are more important things to implement right now.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:19 pm »
Anyone else experianceing slow speeds when downloading from Nakido?

Offline Kurio

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2009, 04:44:29 am »
Anyone else experianceing slow speeds when downloading from Nakido?
Probably depends on your definition of slow, but yeah - I can't get much more than 70KB/sec, which makes this a 2.5hr download. Is it faster to grab the code and compile it myself?

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2009, 05:41:36 am »
Yeah, I was capping around those speeds aswell.
Heh, even for someone like me, who has no idea what thier doing, could probably compile faster than it downloads

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2009, 08:45:03 am »
Well maps for me compile ~4h, sometimes more if I decide to do something CPU consuming while is runs in the background.

If you download then you can take up any amount of CPU and it wont slow the progress down so it is better to download it.

The best thing would be a map-pack with only the maps. The game it self compiles in one-two minutes tops, so you could checkout your self the code, update it at will and recompile only the game files [the make mechanism of this projects already supports it!] while the maps would be updated once few weeks.

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:48:59 pm by Muton »