project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ALWAYS crashes on saving after receiving credits overhead. (2.3 dev, linux)  (Read 3395 times)

BillyBobJoeBubba

On the 2.3 dev linux version the game always crashes when I try to save it after having gotten my first month's administrative overhead payment. Before then I can load and save just fine. I can still play after getting the money, I just can't save. This is consistent and reproduceable for me, it happens every time.

Occasionally the game crashes when receiving the administrative overhead payment, but not consistently.

Not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Read the wiki page about bugs and getting a backtrace. It would help a lot if you made one.

BillyBobJoeBubba

Okay, I read the wiki, I didn't see anything on backtrace under "Bugs - I've found a bug, what should I do?"

I'm happy to post a report but don't have a Sourceforge account, which I read to mean that I should post with my forum ID (post here? Post there anonymously?)

Just trying to help.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Actually, the info for making a backtrace is in the debugging section, which is linked from the bug reporting page. I guess that isn't very obvious.

BillyBobJoeBubba

Ah, okay, I see I see it now. I'm running  a pre-compiled package, I'd prefer not to compile it myself with gdb for my own sanity. Is there any point in submitting the bug without that output with just the console log and developer set to true?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
If you use a precompiled package, I'm sure it has been fixed since then, see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1994515&group_id=157793&atid=805242

But if you can reproduce it with the latest trunk feel free to report it on SF.

-geever

BillyBobJoeBubba

That looks like it! I was thinking employees based on the console log. This was the latest precompiled dev version I could find. Hopefully someone will put out a newer one soon.

Thanks!

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile

If your using linux and have a debian based system it is really easy to set up the environment.  And if you plan on working off of trunk (now 2.3) its well worth the effort.

Steve

BillyBobJoeBubba

I do and I do, but for me it seems like a lot of work that I'm just not good at. I tried getting into subversion for something else and it ended up causing more problems than I was willing to deal with, lame as that probably sounds to the seasoned veterans.