project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Soldier Name and Face Bug?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Greyhawk_2004

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Soldier Name and Face Bug?
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:52:05 am »
Great game guys, I am excited to see this title in the works. Though I have only played briefly, I did notice that after the first mission when my soldiers have been deployed for a mission, some of the soldiers have the same names as one another despite being named differently (ie John Doe, Mike Johnson, Yin Yang, Jane Doe start a mission but when deployed for a mission there may be John Doe, John Doe, Mike Johnson, Mike Johnson.) The skill profiles of the soldiers seem to remain as the original soldiers, but the names seem screwy and the face in the corner is duplicated along with the name. Thank you for your time.

Offline Delphis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier Name and Face Bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:45:48 pm »
I've noticed this too. Often happens when I select to use a medkit, another soldier's name comes up in the info screen even though the soldier I had does complete that action and modifies the correct inventory.

SlowThinker

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:29:53 am »
This problem (face+name don't match the soldier) happens after Inventory window is opened

(2.2.1 x86 Apr28 2008 Win32)

SlowThinker

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 10:26:14 pm »
This problem (face+name don't match the soldier) happens after Inventory window is opened
More precisely: it happens if you leave the Inventory window by clicking on the icon. If you leave it by Esc key then face+name stay correct.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:46 pm »
afair this is fixed in 2.3.

please try one of destructavator's dev builds to see