project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Day or night during missions  (Read 5354 times)

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Day or night during missions
« on: June 21, 2008, 04:00:17 pm »
I think this might be a bug. When my Firebird lands at a mission location when its night, I'll wait for day to come before entering. But even when its day, its night during the mission.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Day or night during missions
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 04:11:40 pm »
Do you wait for full daylight? Or do you enter during twilight? There is no lighting setting in between. If you do wait for full daylight, I'd say that's a bug. But if this is about 2.2.1, then that bug might have been fixed already.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:53:05 pm »
had the same thing happen - For example, the arctic mission is a night one, no matter what - for me at least.  happened on a couple of crashed harvesters, too.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:21:14 am »
Alright, I'll go check again. By the way, we can access the polar regions? I didn't know that. Geoscape in 2D mode doesn't allow me to shift up or down.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:37:20 pm »
i have a base on the north pole and the south pole in every game... great radar coverage.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:09:04 am »
i have a base on the north pole and the south pole in every game... great radar coverage.

Bases on north and south pole has the same radar coverage than bases at other locations. It's not really obvious on 2D geoscape, but you can easily see it on 3D geoscape.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:12:19 pm »
In fact, since the polar areas aren't part of any nation, having bases there is actually WORSE than having them somewhere else as downed UFOs don't contribute to nation happiness.

I think, anyway.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:14:20 pm »
I can't build bases at the polar region, game won't let me. Playing V2.2.1

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:45:42 pm »
I *do* have a base at the South Pole and another in the northern part of Norway, and i also use 2.2.1.  The key is that the game won't let you build if your cursor is not on solid ground.  It helps to zoom all the way in before clicking on 'build base'.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 07:34:28 am »
In fact, since the polar areas aren't part of any nation, having bases there is actually WORSE than having them somewhere else as downed UFOs don't contribute to nation happiness.

I think, anyway.

I dont really give a crap how happy their incompetent governments are.... if they were so good at defending the earth then they would have my job. :-) ..... Pole Bases are VERY important to me... not for radar coverage as much for the ability to hit any of the northern or southern areas with dropships and they are very useful for cutting off ufos trying to evade your other interceptors.. I will continue to use the poles.

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 01:03:11 pm »
A base at the north and south pole is actually no different from having 2 bases on the equator, 1/2 a rotation away.  No different at all in terms of coverage or dropship range.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 01:13:38 pm »
geodesy rules
:p