project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: "fix" texture on entity  (Read 3022 times)

Shawn

"fix" texture on entity
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:00:24 pm »
Hi together,

first of all i have to say that i really enjoyed playing your game. unfortunately it's over now i guess (no real progress in researching new technologies for a couple of ingame months..). However, I thought that i might support that awesome project. My programming knowledge is limited but i got some experience in HL1 mapping a LOOONG time ago ;)

Ok so I've read the mapping for dummies tutorial and things are clear so far. There's just one problem. When i copy an object from the prefab_office or prefab_misc and move it around on my map, the texture does kind of flow. hard to explain. I've attached 2 screenshots. I remeber that there was such a possibility in my HL1 mapping tool so was searching it in Radiant but coudln't find it :(

any ideas?

Thanks
Shawn

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:32:41 am by Shawn »

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: "fix" texture on entity
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:50 pm »
I assume you are using GTKRadiant.

select the face or brush with misaligned texture. hit to bring up surface inspector. mess with horizontal/vertical alignment until it looks right.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:05:08 am »
you can also enable the texture lock in the icon toolbar of gtkradiant.

Shawn

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:45 am »
select the face or brush with misaligned texture. hit to bring up surface inspector. mess with horizontal/vertical alignment until it looks right.
well yes i know that possibility but takes a lot of time everytime you move the object.

you can also enable the texture lock in the icon toolbar of gtkradiant.
ok thanks. I'll try looking for that button when i'm back home.

Shawn