project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Sort Employees  (Read 3298 times)

Offline MXcom

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Sort Employees
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:24:43 am »
Hi there,
after having forgotten about this game for a long time, I now revisited it and am amazed about the progress since I last tried it.  :o
(and I've only played the stable, not trunk)

So here's a proposal that I missed very much, I just hope it's not already in trunk and I'm making a fool out of myself here :P

Namely the ability to sort your employees (soldiers, that is) after a certain stat. Most of the time I hired Soldiers in that menu, I was looking for e.g. a soldier with high Assault stats. Or high Health, Speed, whatever. For that I had to click through a loooong list of names, staring at the stats and noticing and remembering the names of the ones that had a good value of the stat I was seeking.

So it would be great to have some kind of "Sort by"-dropdown or similar. Possible options for sorting: Name (alphabetically), each individual stat, average of all stats. That would make hiring the right soldiers for the job much easier.

Edit: Whoops, this should probably be in the "Suggestions and Bug reports" forum.

and something a bit off-topic btw: I once got a soldier who had significantly better stats than all the others offered. Is this a bug, or a feature? To have some kind of "super soldier" available to hire from time to time? It only occurred to me once so far though...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:37:50 am by MXcom »

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Sort Employees
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 08:48:39 am »
No, this is not implemented in current trunk. However, now you can remove employees you don't want in the recruiting list by using right mouse button on the box to select them.
This should ease the employee management a bit.

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 02:35:05 pm »

You will also get "super soldiers" 1% of the time.  its an intended feature.

Steve

Offline MXcom

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:14:05 pm »
kracken: what will happen to the soldiers you "click away"? Are they gone for good?

I still think it would be a nice addon to be able to sort them tho ;)

stephenjackson: thanks for the info. :)

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 07:27:36 pm »
kracken: what will happen to the soldiers you "click away"? Are they gone for good?
yes

I still think it would be a nice addon to be able to sort them tho ;)
Probably, but there's a lot of nice addon that just wait to be added ;)

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 03:41:09 pm »
What is a super soldier?

Hmm come to think about it, don't bother explaining it - it is better if this will be explained in-game, so that
other people know about it when they see it for the first time too :)

Like under "training" or "experience" in-game help