Technical support > Windows

CPU problem while playing

(1/5) > >>

EchizenR:
I'm using Win XP on a laptop, and after playing UFO: AI for a while, the CPU tends to become very laggy. Usually CPU activity is reflected by a light next to the power indicator. But after playing for a while, the light does not light up, and the computer freezes for intervals before resuming and the cycle continues. May I know how to I solve this?

BAM:
I've never heard of a CPU light, possibly the hard disk light? If so, you may have a developing problem...

EchizenR:
Pardon my mistake. Yeah, its the HDD light. But what kind of problem? Would my CPU crash if I continue playing?

geever:
How much memory do you have? If just little the system will try to compensate by swapping. This cause high CPU and HDD activity, and slowdown (lagging).

I have 1G and ufoai used 71%-of it (2.3-dev version, on linux, according to top)

-geever

EchizenR:
I have a 1.79 Ghz processor and 384 of RAM. Not sure how much does AI take up during gameplay, but most of the time its smooth with occasional lags. However, as I play for long periods of time, say over 1 hour, performance gradually deteriorates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version