project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Should pilots exist in the game  (Read 17042 times)

sirg

Re: Should pilots exist in the game
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 03:09:55 pm »
From what I've played, my aircraft was almost every time losing against UFOs, so having a pilot seems useles unless the aircraft doesn't get destroyed everytime. I'm imaging that the pilot gets xp and performs better as times passes by.

If you are going to implement a pilot, then the pilot should be (in my imagination) like a soldier, able to use weapons and equipment, but once he's dead, you can't take off, so it's your gamble if he fights or not. The pilot should have some mediocre combat stats, though, or basic training like close weapons, etc.

However, X-Com and other similar games didn't feature a pilot, and I didn't feel that he was missing. In Fallout Tactics any squad member could drive the car/tank (some were better drivers than others). OFC piloting an aircraft is different, but I was thinking that a pilot isn't essential.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 12:54:31 am »

If you are going to implement a pilot, then the pilot should be (in my imagination) like a soldier, able to use weapons and equipment, but once he's dead, you can't take off, so it's your gamble if he fights or not. The pilot should have some mediocre combat stats, though, or basic training like close weapons, etc.

that was my thoughts exactly

Cutaway

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 02:54:56 am »
Pilots and Naval Aviators would be ideal in the game as they would have decisive roles.