project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some alien robot  (Read 19412 times)

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Some alien robot
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 10:07:49 pm »
Made organic part wider to give it more bloated look and shortened the legs a bit. Reducing the spread of the legs wont help much since the "head" would protrude beyond their bounding box.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:32 pm »
Made organic part wider to give it more bloated look and shortened the legs a bit. Reducing the spread of the legs wont help much since the "head" would protrude beyond their bounding box.

Hmm, the head and neck definitely needs to be bigger/longer to emphasise their reach. Maybe have them hang down lower? The Breeder should look like quite a muscular thing rather than just a bloated bag of flab.

Regards,
Ryan

Ildamos

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:19 pm »
Or maybe make its mouth tentacles bigger/longer. Less work, more reach, more awesome a look.

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 05:09:10 pm »
Hmm, the head and neck definitely needs to be bigger/longer to emphasise their reach. Maybe have them hang down lower? The Breeder should look like quite a muscular thing rather than just a bloated bag of flab.

Regards,
Ryan

Point taken on muscular thing - it was just my initial impresion of Breeder being like overgrown amoeba. Longer neck would reqiure rework of attack animations since it is hard to restrain it's movement within Breeder's bounding box. I can do it if needed though.

My suggestion for the long-range infesting attack is using additional tentacle that is not included in the Breeder's model but shoots code-wise from its "mouth" in a ray-like manner when attacking. I this way coders would have perfect control of the attack aim and range. Otherwise different animations would be required e.g. for 1-tile long attack and 3-tile one. The "infesting" tentacle could be different from current ones, which would serve the role of feelers/psionic antennae in this case.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 07:10:07 am »
Point taken on muscular thing - it was just my initial impresion of Breeder being like overgrown amoeba. Longer neck would reqiure rework of attack animations since it is hard to restrain it's movement within Breeder's bounding box. I can do it if needed though.

My suggestion for the long-range infesting attack is using additional tentacle that is not included in the Breeder's model but shoots code-wise from its "mouth" in a ray-like manner when attacking. I this way coders would have perfect control of the attack aim and range. Otherwise different animations would be required e.g. for 1-tile long attack and 3-tile one. The "infesting" tentacle could be different from current ones, which would serve the role of feelers/psionic antennae in this case.

Mmm, true. Practical concerns will have to come first for this. If you can make it happen, please do.

Regards,
Winter