project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem starting a new game  (Read 2867 times)

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Problem starting a new game
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:48:32 am »
I've found 2 problems when starting a new game, in 2.2 and 2.2.1.

First: The money that you are told you will start with, and the money that you actually start with are not even close to each other.

Second: When you build your first base, and go back to the geoscape, the clock is running very very fast -- it does not start in 5 second mode while you get your bearings.

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Problem starting a new game
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:01:45 am »
Ok, a third: The language defaults to nothing, instead of defaulting to english.

This means that you get intro_sentence_1, and similar placeholder strings instead of the actual descriptions.

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Problem starting a new game
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:54:35 pm »
With 1)
Well with the starting cash a large amount of it gets used to purchase the "base starter kit" that you get with your first base.
All those new buildings, ships, men etc cost money.

For instance the standard game claims $1.35 mill, which you have before you build your base, but after the fitout you have $100k, which seems reasonable to me.

But there does seem to be a bug with if you turn off started bases and employees you only get $936k left, really i think you probably should get $1.25 Mill left as it says the base costs $100k.  Also with further bases costing $110K not $100K.  But i wouldn't call that a huge deviation from expected.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:11:45 pm by stevenjackson »