project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien Campaign  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Nevasith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Alien Campaign
« on: May 19, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »
In one of the first releases there was an alien campaign. It was rather silly- all the same as in normal, just the soldiers had alien appearance. Was it just an early concept that was abandoned?
In old Xcom games I always wanted to play as aliens, destroying human cities and searching for Xcom bases
Actually it would be quite nice idea to make an alien campaign after the human one is complete-like the aliens have lost war against humanity, human invaders have launched a massive invasion, and their forces are pillaging the alien world. Desperate aliens chose a new commander who's task is to first eliminate human from alien world. And than, go on a suicide mission for a final assault on Earth to make sure humans will not have the chance to send another strike. Suicide, because ships would have just enough antimater for a one way trip on earth, and after arrival the mission would be to destroy human AM storages/more advanced ships, before overwhelmed and destroyed. Such an end would leave the game open for future development, as none of the forces would be eliminated.

Humans would have high level technology- lasers, plasma and so on, but as in the campaign they would not be able to produce particle weapon ammo, so its usage would be rare and connected to lost missions. Aliens would be able to develop new technologies, while humans would be stronger and better trained (years of battle have done the job)

Of course its just an idea, as the main campaign is far from being fully implemented.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:08:00 am »
I personally like the idea of alternate campaigns, including this idea.

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 03:41:04 am »
I think that one would have to know the full storyline of UFO:AI first, considering it kind of is done...

Aiki-Knight

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:59:22 am »
That would be an excellent idea for a companion game, rather than a necessary campaign in UFO:AI. Think of "Destroy All Humans" - someone should make a companion game where you can be a special forces unit trying to kill that infernal sectoid in the game. Such a companion game for UFO:AI would make an awesome expansion. This is definitely something to consider if you guys seriously start a company and start pumping out more good titles. Your debut with UFO:AI would be a good start.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:08:12 am by Aiki-Knight »

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:24:36 pm »
Yea...the philosophy is: "We, the conglomerate of sancients, bring peace and order to the humans...and they resist the elnlightenment..."

The missions are not "terror", they are to get within 3 steps of a specific human on the map and scare the cra (I mean...inlfuence him).  Then those arsewholes whow up, at least 8-15 of them to our small squad of 6, start throwing area affect weapons with no regard for fellow human life...

They shoot down our ships, and then, instead of helping the injured, they come to finish them!  Barbaric!  They ignore their own convention and experiment on prisoners of a war we never started...

Offline Nevasith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »
1)Play the game. See how the aliens act
2)Read what I wrote...
3)Write a comment