project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Edit Saved Games  (Read 45645 times)

Offline [Luke]

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Edit Saved Games
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 01:46:15 am »
I'd rather see it as debugging of my stupidness in overwriting important savegames... :P

Offline BritBrat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 12:14:20 pm »
know this is an old topic but hey why not don't really want to start a new topic...

anyways playing 2.5 and having troubles, I changed the save compression and all and can edit my soldiers, and of course money I'd like to have a go at editting building stats... allow my workshops and labs to hold more scientists and workers.. maybe my storage to hold more stuff and my baracks to hold more people and maybe alter the length of time to build facilities....

in 2.5 where do I find these .ufo files, probably have to unpack a .pk file right? but which one? and do I Have to repack it when I'm done?  Game wiz works well for weapons and other stuff like alien materials, body armour, weapons and such.....

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »
Hi BritBrat

It seems like you are looking for our "User Modifications" board, in particular the sticky thread at the very top named "UFO scripting: guide to changing scriptable parameters"

PS
Welcome to the forums!

Offline BritBrat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 05:26:04 pm »
thanks I found the files on my own, lol I knew I would atleast before a reply anyways...

to be honest, the 'cheating' i do doesn't make the game any easier.... I edited the base management  file just to make the game more like the classic Ufo game of old and used Hxd hex editor to give my soldiers a few more hit points after decompressing the save game file to make it editable... soldiers still get killed on missions mainly if I control the mission but sometimes on auto missions too...

love the game its a decent homage to the original Microprose release... and its almost everything the new commercial version isn't