project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A quick tip if you're playing SVN version...  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
A quick tip if you're playing SVN version...
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:08:11 am »
For anyone else playing an SVN build of 2.3, thought I'd mention that the random UFO crash maps are a little buggy, and if anyone ends up with a map that has stuck or missing aliens, or is otherwise unplayable, I found an easy solution:  Go to the options menu screen (as if you were about to abort the mission) and select "retry" and the mission will be re-generated completely, including size of the entire map, what buildings exist where, etc.  This way you don't have to go back to your most recent saved game on the geoscape.

I seen a few occasional unplayable tactical missions generated, and a few other weird things, such as a farm barn in the middle of an arctic frozen environment, tiny maps that have no aliens at all (trying to end the turn doesn't work, it's unplayable), etc.

For the most part, the random crash maps work quite well in my experience though.

Captain Bipto

Re: A quick tip if you're playing SVN version...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 08:03:42 am »
Nice. I like the random missions, never had a problem with that BUT I did have a problem with a stuck UFO on the GEOSCAPE that I could not attack w/o the game crashing...soon afterwards UFOs stopped flying around and I could do no missions :( My tip for this? Don't drink non-bottled water in mexico, eat a lot of food and then go para-sailing.