project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien Pacts  (Read 4052 times)

Captain Bipto

Alien Pacts
« on: May 08, 2008, 02:53:03 am »
Are Alien pacts a la X-com going to be implemented in AI?  Will the player be able to detect potential alien bases/pact partners by monitoring UFO flights (such as those supply ships)?  I remember doing patrols with my interceptors over suspect countries, and more often than not this was the more reliable way to detect alien bases than relying the computer handing out the information over time. 

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Pacts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 11:44:42 am »
Actually, our planes are not allowed to patrol because the devs have decided it would make finding alien bases too easy.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 12:13:38 pm »
That information is outdated, actually. Winter argues in favor of patrolling, so it's probably going to be implemented. Of course there are issues with micromanagement and interface controls, but we'll tackle them as we go.

As for finding alien bases, they won't be all that easy to spot, as the amount of planes the player can have at any one time is limited.

Captain Bipto

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:21:34 am »
Thanks for the info BTAxis. Sure would be cool if you could get an idea of which region may contain a base based off of UFO activity.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 12:49:38 pm »
Supply ships are a good indication (though they aren't limited to base supplies).

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:28:21 pm »
I think it is perfectly fine to make it hard to find alien bases.