project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cant reach target  (Read 2224 times)

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Cant reach target
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:58:08 pm »
Hi,

I just lost a campaign on highest difficulty. I am not complaining about that, except for one thing.

In the beginning I have only one base. Then there was a terror attack in Wellington. Even with 2 fuel pods, I could not reach this area,
thus I could not fight the aliens, thus the aliens continually killed citizens and eventually I lost the game.

Of course, before losing, I built a new base close to that attack site when i had the money etc.. and I think it is possible to drive those aliens out in time by building up a second base - I just didnt concentrate fully on it because I thought I would have enough time.
So I eventually lost the game.

But I am not happy with this and thus I have two suggestions to make here:

1) Give some kind of warning when a nation is very unhappy with you. This could be a tiny notification in the tray area to the left.
This way the user is less likely to just advance in full speed and rather concentrate on killing aliens more readily. ;)

2) If a firebird is equipped with two fuel pods, it should really really really be able to reach any place on the map. Maybe increase the benefit of the fuel pod (the range). I would not mind if they are more expensive, I just dont want to build a second base just to  reach a specific area on the map.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:00:01 pm by shevegen »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Cant reach target
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:02:35 pm »
As far as I know, the firebird's capacity was increased in 2.2.1. Maybe only for trunk?

Captain Bipto

Re: Cant reach target
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 01:19:51 am »
I always set up my first base in Europe and equip my firebird with two fuel pods.  THen I set up a base in Asia (after reading this post) but I had no problems reaching Wellington.  Must be cos I am playing a new version cos that firebird has like 450 fuel or something.  I love this thing, lets me galavant all across the globe like when I did a US mission and then went to Cuba, THEN went to "somewhere in antartica"