project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ammunition  (Read 2964 times)

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Ammunition
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:52:11 pm »
As it happens even on the highest difficulty level, the biggest problem is actually not money but that there is a shortage of weapons and ammunitions. Can the amount of available ammunitions be increased? It is frustrating to have like +200k money but the ammo will go out and you have to wait a long time until you can buy more. This shortage of goods is valid for everything more or less (even scientists) but while I can understand that great scientists dont come in cheap and super-quickly, I just cant understand why ammunitions are rather limited given that they are manufactured in huge numbers even today :)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 02:19:55 pm »
I think it has been argued before that this limit is their because PHALANX is covert. Huge weapon purchases would be harder to cover up. Personally, I am ambivalent about this.

Can you not just manufacture the extra ammo you need?

Captain Bipto

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:10 pm »
Yeah i'd have to say that line of thinking is reasonable but not for all things.  Someone in the world has to know PHALANX exists and thus would be able to *lose* items useful such as ammo, gas, toilet seats...

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:07:07 am »
In terms of both cost of goods and volume of trucking to the bases, the ammunition is only a tiny percent of the fuel consumed by the craft.  My personal feeling is "don't sweat the small stuff".  Since we're perfectly happy giving the fuel for free, why not also the much smaller amount for ammo?  To do otherwise is micro-management.