project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ufo:AI 2.2.1 and 2.3-dev Debs for Debian/Ubuntu  (Read 63253 times)

Artemis3

Re: Ufo:AI 2.2.1 and 2.3-dev Debs for Debian/Ubuntu
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 09:27:36 am »
Hello, i would really appreciate if you could add 64 bit binaries to the repos. Thanks.

Crinos512

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 11:39:47 pm »
I also would like to request 64 bit Ubuntu debs on http://trylegaldownloads.de/ubuntu/intrepid/nightly-builds/

the Hardy repo has them, but the Intrepid and Jaunty do not.

Crinos512

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 04:18:33 am »
woot, there are x64 debs up!

I installed them and noticed that there is no link to the game... not a biggie really but an inconveiniance.

so I ran ufo from the konsole and got:
/usr/lib/games/ufoai/ufo: error while loading shared libraries: libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

B[L]A[D]E

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 10:51:07 pm »
Me too, it seems that 64-bit package contains a 32-bit compiled version. Try from cli 'file /usr/lib/games/ufoai/ufo' and verify that. At the moment I don't have time to compile the sources so I will attend for the right binary version.

thanks to all

Crinos512

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 01:32:39 am »
crinos@Fortress:~$ file /usr/lib/games/ufoai/ufo
/usr/lib/games/ufoai/ufo: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

You are correct sir!

(...eagerly awaiting a fix, so that I can try out 2.3)

Crinos512

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:10 pm »
Still no functional 64 bit debs??  :'(

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 01:16:42 pm »
Still no functional 64 bit debs??

Just FYI: I recently upgraded my desktop to run 64-bit Intrepid Kubuntu on one of the hard drives, and I successfully built binary deb installers on it, although I haven't uploaded and linked to them yet as the SVN branch is a bit unplayable right now, it appears that the air combat part of UFO interceptions is being re-vamped and isn't finished yet, last time I checked.  This is the same reason I'm waiting to upload and link to a new Win32 installer as well.

When the SVN gets a little more developed and somewhat more stable, I suppose I could provide links for both Win32 and Kubuntu/Ubuntu 64-bit Intrepid, although I'd have to upload one at a time as my upload speed isn't the best (but also isn't the slowest, either).

I admit, however, that I haven't tested the deb installers and I'm not a linux expert, but they appear to have built properly.

Still, if anyone else who knows more about linux than I do wants to take care of it, they are more than welcome to.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:18:20 pm by Destructavator »

Crinos512

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 06:23:26 pm »
ok, I'll be patient. :D

Crinos512

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 06:51:28 pm »
Just FYI: I recently upgraded my desktop to run 64-bit Intrepid Kubuntu on one of the hard drives, ...
Welcome to the club! (we have jackets)

...although I'd have to upload one at a time as my upload speed isn't the best (but also isn't the slowest, either).
No, that honor would go to me. I connect via 56k dialup... but seldom get a solid connection meaning that my bandwith is ~2-3 kps

Still, if anyone else who knows more about linux than I do wants to take care of it, they are more than welcome to.
heh, I wish I qualified for that one.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 02:22:16 am »
Here, try this:

http://www.destructavator.com/public/ufoai_2_3_r20437.tar.gz

I've no idea if this package will work or not, but it was built and packaged on 64-bit Intrepid.

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 07:16:52 pm »
Installs without errors, but when trying to launch I get this:
Code: [Select]
----- network initialization -------
libcurl/7.18.2 GnuTLS/2.4.1 zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.8 initialized.

------ server initialization -------
...using language: de_DE.UTF-8

----- console initialization -------
Console initialized.

------- video initialization -------
SDL version: 1.2.12
I: desktop depth: 32bpp
I: video memory: 0
I: video driver: x11
I: setting mode 6: 1024x768 (fullscreen: no)
I: set swap control to 0
I: got 8 bits of stencil
I: got 24 bits of depth buffer
I: got double buffer
I: got 8 bits for red
I: got 8 bits for green
I: got 8 bits for blue
I: got 0 bits for alpha
I: got 0 multisample buffers
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce FX 5700LE/AGP/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.12
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum
max texture units: 4
max texture size: detected 4096
but using 2048 as requested
R_LoadProgram: default: Link info
---------
No shader objects attached.
R_LoadProgram: warp: Link info
---------
Wrote keys.cfg

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 09:42:27 pm »
Sorry, but not being one of the coders and not being a linux expert I don't know what to tell you.

This might be a long shot, but exactly what version of linux are you running?  I don't use the standard Ubuntu, I use Kubuntu, 64-bit, the new version that just came out.

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 02:14:46 pm »
Well, I'm using exactly the same version just with the Gnome desktop. So there shouldn't be a Problem.
The strange thing is I don't realy see an error message in that ouput, it just says it doesn't get a shader object, but not even a clue about why not.

Edit: Just noticed something: your tar.gz file says: "r20437" but your packages say "svn14428" was that intentional? or did you upload a wrong version?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:55:02 pm by DuKe2112 »

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 04:51:07 pm »
Edit: Just noticed something: your tar.gz file says: "r20437" but your packages say "svn14428" was that intentional? or did you upload a wrong version?

I'm not sure why the filenames came out to "svn14428," but when I ran "make deb" that's what it generated.  I only have one copy of UFO:AI on my Linux partition, and it's a fairly recent SVN copy, so it should be close to being up-to-date.

Regarding the "shader object" I have no idea what that means or why the package doesn't work.

I noticed in the wiki there was also "make debbinary" or something - should I have run that instead?

I'm still waiting for one of the coders to shed some light on this...

Crinos512

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13:31 am »
OK, finally got the tar'd packages installed but it still will not run.  :-\

...when I run ufo from the command line I get the following:

Code: [Select]
crinos@Fortress:~$ ufo

---- filesystem initialization -----
Adding game dir: /usr/local/lib/ufoai/base
Adding game dir: /usr/local/share/ufoai/base
Adding game dir: ./base                     
using /home/crinos/.ufoai/2.3-dev/base for writing
Adding game dir: /home/crinos/.ufoai/2.3-dev/base
couldn't execute default.cfg                     
couldn't execute config.cfg                       
executing keys.cfg                               

----- network initialization -------
libcurl/7.18.2 GnuTLS/2.4.1 zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.8 initialized.

------ server initialization -------
...using language: en_US.UTF-8     

----- console initialization -------
Console initialized.               

------- video initialization -------
SDL version: 1.2.12                 
I: desktop depth: 32bpp             
I: video memory: 0                 
I: video driver: x11               
I: setting mode 6: 1024x768 (fullscreen: no)
I: set swap control to 0                   
I: got 8 bits of stencil                   
I: got 24 bits of depth buffer                                                                                                               
I: got double buffer                                                                                                                         
I: got 8 bits for red                                                                                                                       
I: got 8 bits for green                                                                                                                     
I: got 8 bits for blue                                                                                                                       
I: got 0 bits for alpha                                                                                                                     
I: got 0 multisample buffers                                                                                                                 
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation                                                                                                               
GL_RENDERER: GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a/PCI/SSE2                                                                                   
GL_VERSION: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 177.80
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shaderGL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum
max texture units: 4
max texture size: detected 4096
but using 2048 as requested
R_LoadProgram: default: Link info
---------
R_LoadProgram: warp: Link info
---------
Wrote keys.cfg
Error: Could not load environment map 0