project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Does a quiet 6 months mean I did it ??  (Read 3560 times)

Negator_UK

Does a quiet 6 months mean I did it ??
« on: May 03, 2008, 08:17:59 pm »
Ok, I have now researched evrything I can see, and have 17 live aliens of all 4 races in the fridge. I researched 3 ships, scout fighter and harvester and found some sort of cure and it ain't for herpes.

I had an uneventful month so I saved and ran it forward at full speed - nothing for a further 5 months, no encounters, flying saucers or terror attacks, but no "you-have-won/lost/broke-the-game" screen either.

I guess I completed what's there - can anyone confirm this ??

Cheers.

Offline Redtide

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Does a quiet 6 months mean I did it ??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:28:12 pm »
No its not over. *Spoilerish* You fight a final battle where the map name will be TODO and then it does the closing credits.

Negator_UK

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 10:27:44 pm »
Hmm.

OK, after reloading before my quiet 5 months I did get the ToDo mission.

I won it but no credits so far.

Offline zontar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:19:33 am »
Yeah, I had that same problem. After a while, I was just sitting there for maybe a year on fast forward. Eventually, I figured out that the game was over. ;D

Negator_UK

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:14:13 pm »
Actually what happended to me was wierder.

I saved the game after a quiet month, then fast forwarded a further 5 months, - no aliens. So I posted this thread.

Then I went back into the game and reloaded from before my 5 month fastforward and immediately go the final "ToDo" mission.

I completed this mission, got nothing else, came out of the game, posted on this thread again.

Then I went back into the game, ran the game forward and at the end of the month got the final credit screen.

I suspect some of of bug prevents the final mission and credits from coming up and the the bug is reset when the game is reloaded (or the program started up).

I suggest you try a few fast forward save/reloads to see if you can get the final credit screen, help give you some closure :)

Cheers.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:14:06 pm »
Currently, there is not 'final mission'.  there are 1/4, or even less from planed storyline…