project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Compliments and questions  (Read 3565 times)

OneHundredTUs

Compliments and questions
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:03:25 pm »
As a long time X-COM UFO/TFTD vet I commend all the effort in creating by far the best fanmade successor to the best sci-fi tactical combat game ever. The lack of destructible environments notwithstanding, I have enormous fun playing UFO:AI.  I play on both my iBook G4 and my Win XP Dell laptop. The game plays well on both systems with only minor bugs.

Two questions:

1)Will new releases be released concurrently for Win XP and Mac OS X? I noticed that 2.2.1 is only available for Win XP and Linux. The Mac OS X version is still at 2.2.

2) Will every release (even minor ones) break all old savegames? If so, I think a "god mode" or whatever you call it, is a good idea if only to help attain prior levels of achievement. I would like to help report bugs but having to play through every new release from the beginning makes it slow to find problems that may only appear late in the game.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Compliments and questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:07:29 pm »
About the mac version, see this thread:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2539.0

About savegames, minor releases should (should) not break saved games. Major releases will always do that, though.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:08:32 am »
1)Will new releases be released concurrently for Win XP and Mac OS X? I noticed that 2.2.1 is only available for Win XP and Linux. The Mac OS X version is still at 2.2.

Apparently the fellow who did the Mac installers gave up.  Until there is a new volunteer you would have to compile 2.2.1 yourself for OSX.

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:40:26 am »
Gave up? No, I just didn't know there was a release until a couple days ago. It's sitting on my HD without a place to host it, at least until Mattn and I are able to hook up and get it uploaded to sourceforge.

I'd be happy to plonk it somewhere else if someone is willing to host it.

Offline Wilko

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:09:27 am »
Hi guys, long time UFO player. Came across the UFO:AI site during one of my random - lets see what new UFO stuff is out there searches.

I'm very impressed with the product that has been created, only Q I have sofar and the OP touched on this as well. Is there the aim to add destructible environments in as the original and subsequent UFO games.

Nothing better than making your own entries into alien ships or blowing a building when the nasties refuse to come out and play.

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 02:48:33 pm »

Due to engine constraints there is no plan to implement destructable stuff.  I wouldn't push the point as it has already been brought up repeatedly on this forum  :)

Steve