project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dead Soldiers Equipment is not taken back to base  (Read 3539 times)

Marsu

Dead Soldiers Equipment is not taken back to base
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:31:37 pm »
I noticed that the equipment of dead soldiers is not automatically collected when I finish the mission. This is kinda annoying (and often expensive), especially after you start using equipment that you produced yourself.

bri49

Re: Dead Soldiers Equipment is not taken back to base
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:47:15 am »
Yes, I noticed that too. You figure some equipment would get lost or destroyed when soldier gets killed or wounded, but not everything. If so, then why is most if not all alien equipment retrieved?

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:04:20 am »
As far as I remember, equipment of dead soldiers should be collected at the end of mission, with other alien equipment.

Maybe the auto-sell button is activated in your buy/sell menu (the small button just before the name of the item)? If it is, the item is automatically sold when collected it from battlefield.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 10:18:56 am »
It's possible that this is another of the evils of auto-sell, but i've experienced it too.  Not just from dead soldiers, either.  Any item on the ground when the mission completes is lost.  I once had my 'Rocket Man' confront a Bug Eyed Monster [the last for the mission] at point blank range.  Of course he dropped his Rocket Launcher and took out the BEM using his SMG.  When the dropship got back to the base, he didn't have his Launcher any more...  I think it is the case that alien swag is not left on the battlefield, but specifically given to you by the code as a form of 'treasure'.  However, stuff that you drop is not added back but merely disappears.

xcomer

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:36:29 pm »
I needed to switch from a sniper rifle to a shotgun, and so I went over to a dead soldier and there wasn't anything there, so the inventory is disappearing immediately after the soldier is killed, before the end of the mission.

xcomer

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:38:16 am »
It's possible that this is another of the evils of auto-sell, but i've experienced it too.  Not just from dead soldiers, either.  Any item on the ground when the mission completes is lost.  I once had my 'Rocket Man' confront a Bug Eyed Monster [the last for the mission] at point blank range.  Of course he dropped his Rocket Launcher and took out the BEM using his SMG.  When the dropship got back to the base, he didn't have his Launcher any more...  I think it is the case that alien swag is not left on the battlefield, but specifically given to you by the code as a form of 'treasure'.  However, stuff that you drop is not added back but merely disappears.

what about just going up to a dead soldier and trying to get some of their equipment... i don't mean armor, i mean weapons, ammo, grenades???? 

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:43:48 am »
Alien Invasion does not recognize 'containers'.  The only items you can access are those on the floor or on your body.  The user interface does not give you anyway to access somebody else's body.