project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Firing from behind cover  (Read 7132 times)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Firing from behind cover
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 11:18:04 am »
my own observation of the power structure:

the project is largely a workocracy (to coin a rubbish-sounding word). those who contribute the most, carry the most weight.

the best way to get something implemented is to demonstrate how good it is by doing it.

I think that firing from cover and at someone who is behind cover, would benefit from more complex controls. BTAxis has mentioned previously that this would complicate the controls. I plan to have a go at this to see if it is workable. However, I am currently working on map optimisations, so this will have to wait.

Jagger

Re: Firing from behind cover
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 04:03:35 am »
I feel called upon to once again point out that UFO:AI is not developed democratically. What the majority thinks is irrelevant to a large degree.

Yet you do seem to take into consideration. Bribes may work, if people contributed more, they could demand it.

Or if they contributed more, they could do it themselves. Heck, let's go with that one, someone who feels it's necesary, change it so it is that way. Otherwise, it will stay the same, and people will still love the game.
Personally, I like the idea that bullets shoot from gun, and I feel it would be weird if they didn't. As for moving the gun around. You'd end up doing it every action (If my assumption of it being part of the view mode sorta thing is fair), prolonging missions, and adding an unnecesary layer.