project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Map did not end when all aliens dead - arrghh!  (Read 16954 times)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Map did not end when all aliens dead - arrghh!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 11:46:29 am »
hopefully wilminator's improvements to the pathfinding should stop this.

I have seen stuck aliens a few times. It was not sporting, but I was able to eliminate them.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 05:02:57 pm »
@Blondandy: For those of us suffering from Clue Deficit Disorder, can you give us a hint?

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 10:37:30 pm »
not sure which bit requires elucidation...

a nice chap known as wilminator is improving some of the code. i hope that stuck-actor bugs will disappear.

on the few occasions that enemies of mine have been stuck, they have been visible, and i have shot them until they be dead.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 06:57:07 pm »
Installed 2.2.1 with installer a week ago, ran into the exact same bug last night.  Drove me nuts walking around the map, soldiers saying "here, kittie-kittie-kittie".  Hit escape, replayed, killed 'em all. I guess I got lucky and got them before they had a chance to get stuck some place.

Afterthought: do paniced aliens un-panick if left alone long enough?

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:20 pm »
I believe so.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 11:44:45 pm »
ha.  before giving up on that game and replaying, I hit "next turn" 20 times maybe.  Means that once stuck in Limbo, alien cannot get unstack and return to the map.  Or this guy was really, really scared.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 11:45:24 am »
on the few occasions that enemies of mine have been stuck, they have been visible, and i have shot them until they be dead.

Okeh, that was it then.  I think so far when mine get stuck, they've gotten stuck somewhere i can't see them.

ZebTa

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 02:16:06 am »
Had exactly same adventure on that map "Rzeszow" :
the lizard just disapeared 'under', at least around, the left side of the bridge, then, no way to end the map.

By the way, it was the only place it occured.
I 've relaunched the map, place my soldiers differently, and could do the job.
Something goes wrong in that one.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 08:28:47 pm »
please make screenshots - that would really help to fix it - you can reload that map via console, too. just mark the place with paint or gimp and it should be easy fixable.

ZebTa

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 10:05:57 am »

It looks like that: during aliens party time, a lizard briefly appears in the blue zone, coming from house or around , going to the left, then disapeared behind the little relief. Never seen again, i don't think the grass own the trouble, more probably the junction with rock slope and/or bridge... somewhere in the red zone.

Guess others have same 'feeling' about the zone ?

The lizard wasn't interested by the bridge even if 'running' (no shoot on phalanx, a straight run to Bermudes) to the left side, may be a clue ? A warp in the pathfinder database within this map ?

Legendarius

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 03:22:23 pm »
Hi !

I had the same problem with this map and tried it many times.
Then i noticed a small stairway at the right border of the map goin from your ship to the upper house.
I send 3 soldiers up there (with reaction fire on!) and the rest to the first house.
So the alliens from above didnt run to the bridge, they come out of the house and run into fire :)
This dont solve the bug but it helped me to complete this map.

Greetings !

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 03:29:42 pm »
Can you try to reproduce this bug in 2.3-dev? This map has been changed since 2.2.1, so it would be good if we could confirm this for the current version of this map.

If you download 2.3-dev, you can start this map by opening the console and typing
Code: [Select]
map day +eaglenest

RedLTeut

I was unable to finish the shelter map
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 12:57:34 pm »
I want to report that in 2.2.1 I was unable to finish the shelter map.

I looked everywhere; In my opinion, there are maybe aliens inside the decorative wall elements with the piping - there is exactly one tile there for each element which looks like it is empty and might contain an alien.

Another oddity for shelter map is that the staircases in the north cannot be navigated upwards(so I thought they might contain an invisible alient for some time).

Offline Yatta

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 12:21:38 am »
Hello, just discovered that game today and so far its best find of the year (huh ... figures).

However, altough its my first game, I encountered the bug described on this topic, in the map displayed on the screenshots.
I've moved my soldiers everywhere in the map ("not behind that fridge either ? damn. Wait, maybe he's disguised as this fat civilian ? *BANG* ... hm, seems not.").

Im not sure of the version number, its the stable release that's currently available for download from the main page.

I really cant say for sure, but I would say the problem could be located near the "blue zone" pointed by ZebTa. Im pretty sure I saw an enemy arround here at some point while moving, did not shot it, and never saw it again. Since my game's still running, ill try to put my soldiers arround here and see if one falls.

Offline dangermouse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 07:38:18 am »
I had this problem with +eaglenest too, i couldn't find the bad guy that time, but on a replay another alien got stuck, but not glitch stuck, in the trough by the bridge.