project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Update 2.2.1  (Read 21671 times)

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Update 2.2.1
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 07:21:05 pm »
OK, try the libraries and programs from my updated download above. Copy the libraries into UFOAI.app/Contents/Libraries and the programs into UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS and let me know if they work.

sniper27

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 10:01:11 pm »
great!!!!!!! works!!!!!!

now I start to test all!!!!

thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 10:34:49 pm »
Great!  ;D

Once I hear back from a PPC user I'll get a new package out to Mattn.

ripclaw

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 05:10:09 pm »
seems to work fine on the ppc, had no problems starting and running for 15 minutes, will give it a longer try later the local evening (CET+2)

thanks !

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 06:57:34 pm »
That's great news! The update is in the works. I'll have to update the wiki because if you are on 10.5 and want to create universal binaries usable on 10.4 using MacPorts, 1.60 does not work. You need to download the trunk version from the MacPorts svn that has a configuration option that allows you to do this.

ripclaw

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 01:45:56 am »
a few notes....
one of my 8 bases has 4 storage, i keep sending production and excess stuff there, and redistribute.
some bases only research, others manufacture. I also have a number of bases with a large fighter contingent,
up to 8 fighters.

- not possible to scroll through mails (3button mouse)
- cant open mails with date "zero"
- in global map intercept/target select doesnt give all ships, can`t scroll through. cannot even manually get those ships to
   assault a ufo.
- selling ship chooses random ship ? you should be able to select, like hire/fire soldier
- if item list in buy/sell is too long, can`t scroll or deselect
- if deactivated autosell, items still get sold.
- after mission: "todo: seq_xvi_sentence1"
- in transfer mode list won`t scroll if too many items in store

nice to have reports:
- free capacity (research, produce, heal) per location
- free people (scientist, worker, doc) per location

nice to have features:
- in transfer mode and buy/sell mode: quantity selection (especially with transfering alien material) - i really see a problem transfering or selling 3000 alien material. that hurts the index finger :)

game crashed when i tried to give a stun-stick to a soldier after a few hours play. no core file written.

daris

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 01:56:20 am »
Have tried to install ufoai2.2.1 universal.dmg onto my mac to no avail. All i get is a message stating that the following disk images failed to mount ufoai2.2.1-macosx-u reason not recognised. I am a huge xcom fan and would like to trial ufo:ai
Any leads?

macbook 2.16ghz core2duo macosx10.5.2

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 02:16:43 am »
For scrolling, I think that the mouse wheel and page up/down work. I think that all of those bugs/todo items are not Mac specific. The game does log stuff to stdout and stderr, so there may be hints as to what happened in the logs from Console.app.

daris, I'm not sure what the origin of problem you are having is, but it may be just that you have a corrupted and/or incomplete download. Try downloading the dmg again, making sure that you let it get all the way to the end. It looks like the file name may have been changed and/or truncated? The file name should be ufoai-2.2.1-macosx-universal.dmg, unless Mattn changed it.

daris

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:40 am »
 No luck on that front. Will download but not install? Is there any other means of playing ufoai?

Have tried to install ufoai2.2.1 universal.dmg onto my mac to no avail. All i get is a message stating that the following disk images failed to mount ufoai2.2.1-macosx-u reason not recognised. I am a huge xcom fan and would like to trial ufo:ai
Any leads?

macbook 2.16ghz core2duo macosx10.5.2
[/quote]

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 07:11:59 pm »
Yeah, you can compile your own version of the game. Follow the directions for getting the source from SVN, but take the stable release using svn co https://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ufoai/ufoai/tags/ufoai_2.2.1 ufoai_2.2.1. You'll need to get the dependencies using MacPorts or fink. You can follow the directions for compiling on the Wiki, but instead of using make maps you'll need to grab the map pack from the download page.

I still can't imagine why the dmg isn't working for you!

daris

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 06:00:41 am »
3rd times a charm.
UFO:ai has loaded.
Thanks for your reply. Strange...

daris

music sound crackling
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 03:38:12 am »
Installed game last week. The music sound has all of a sudden begun to crackle. It begins fine but after a few minutes starts to go. Fixes when turned off but hoping there is another solution. Any ideas?

Macbook 2.16ghz, core 2 duo osx

Offline ghosta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 09:33:09 am »
Same here, but for Windows XP. Its the 2nd Soundtrack

Offline tchristney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 08:29:44 pm »
Wish I could help. Personally, I hate the music from most games (I find it distracting) and just turn it off so haven't noticed this problem.

You should be able to figure out which song it is by running the game from Terminal.app. It is in the utilities folder inside the main Applications folder. You need to type UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo to see the messages. When the problem occurs, quit the program and check the output to see the last music started message.