project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No new research projects available  (Read 6024 times)

Edward Hyde

No new research projects available
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:51:50 pm »
Hi!

I discovered this game a short while ago and I have to say, that this game is great. It's UFO:Enemy unkown allright  ;D
My main problem is, that there seem to be no more research projects showing up. I'm playing normal difficulty, have 4 alien species caputred (alive) allready and have all the tachyon weapons researched.
I had one mission, where I was able to capture a complete enemy ufo, but the researches regarding that, seem to miss something still (a prerequisit?), but even in new battles, nothiong new shows up.
I have allready 5 bases (all every continent covered), but I'm not sure how to proceed... Will there be some new research available in the future or is that it?

Cheers,
Fallback

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: No new research projects available
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:34:18 pm »
My main problem is, that there seem to be no more research projects showing up. I'm playing normal difficulty, have 4 alien species caputred (alive) allready and have all the tachyon weapons researched.
I had one mission, where I was able to capture a complete enemy ufo, but the researches regarding that, seem to miss something still (a prerequisit?), but even in new battles, nothiong new shows up.
I have allready 5 bases (all every continent covered), but I'm not sure how to proceed... Will there be some new research available in the future or is that it?

Is the research screen totally empty, or do you have some entries greyed out?  It might also help us to help you if you told which version you were playing - the Tachyon stuff got changed out a while back...

Edward Hyde

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:48:21 pm »
Hi!

It's the german version 2.2 from the 11th of january.
I have 3 researches left, but they are 'greyed out' because I have either not enough material or the technical prequisits are missing.
If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks for helping me out. I'd love to play this game till the end and the move to the next level of difficulty.

Cheers,
Edward

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:45:27 pm »
capturing a landed scout should make some more stuff available. AFAIR, 10 captive aliens releases new items. Though it sounds like you are near the end of the research that has been implemented. There will be more to come.

When you have finished, be sure to contribute something. Learn to map perhaps, we need more tiles for the random assemblies.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 12:06:42 am »
Hi!

It's the german version 2.2 from the 11th of january.
I have 3 researches left, but they are 'greyed out' because I have either not enough material or the technical prequisits are missing.

Wie Gehts!

The German translation explains about the Tachyon thing: in English this was changed out in favor of "Particle Accelerator".  Got it.

If you tell us what are the three research proposals, we can tell you else is needed to start those projects.

Edward Hyde

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:21:25 am »
Hi!

@Blondandy: Sure, can you point me to the according documentation. I'll see what I can do (if any).

@DoctorJ: Was f

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 06:03:06 am »
There's a list of things needing doing here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/TODO/2.3, towards the bottom of the list will be the media stuff that is really lacking: maps, models, 2D artwork and sounds.  Tutorial for the first few can be found on the left here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Unfortunately, the forum ate your answer about the three projects.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 06:56:58 pm »
If you want to try mapping, start here

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Mapping

Mapping for dummies (MFD) is a good article.

If you get stuck ask on the IRC channel, or the forum.