project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Campaign Test?  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Campaign Test?
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:28:16 am »
So i've made some tweaks to my weapons_human.ufo and want to test it out.  According to the instructions included here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Tweak_weapons, i should be able to type "campaign test" in the game console.  When i try it, however, i get this:
Code: [Select]
campaign test
Unknown command "campaign"
So what is the up to date method of testing?  If i try to start a skirmish, i don't get the weapons that need testing.  It seems a little much to ask to start a campaign and just wait until i get a mission...

P.S. This is the 2.3-dev version.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Campaign Test?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:18:29 am »
Kracken should be able to help you here - he rewrote the campaign system, i'm not sure whether this is done already

but at least you should be able to set the cl_campaign cvar to the text campaign id and start a skirmish game.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:38:44 pm »
Well, i've got egg on my face.  You reminded me that i should have prefaced my command with "cl_".  When i type the whole thing, the console does accept it.  However, the test campaign seems to be non functional.  Clicking "Start Campaign" after that has no effect until i click on one of the standard campaigns.  Additionally i get the following output in the log:

Code: [Select]
CL_GetCampaign: Campaign "test" doesn't exist.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 05:47:30 pm »
Note that you must also uncomment the test campaign in campaign.ufo (for some reason it has been commented in trunk).

If you want to start a new mission without waiting to much, you can also type "debug_addmission 2" after you've built your first base. Just wait a few hours, and a new mission should popup somewhere.