project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Looking to get in touch with an Admin for design direction comments  (Read 2953 times)

dedekind82

To any admins that might troll this:  I'm a 4th year PhD student in theoretical physics in the USA and grew up playing X-Com for PC and PSONE.  I would love to help provide comments and suggestions concerning the development of certain tech trees and the plausibility of storyline developments.  here is my research weblink http://www.physics.unc.edu/directory/directory.php?section=5&tmpl=bio&mode=text&param=422

I've registered for the wiki under dedekind82, so please contact me at my e-mail in the aforementioned URL.    I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I just can't believe how amazing the project has turned out and I am obsessed with v2.2.  When I was an undergrad at Rutgers I remember reading on some esoteric x-com hack forums about you guys wanting to get started, and I NEVER thought it would have gotten this far.  Again, any help I can offer concerning the feasibility of physics or algorithms or mathe etc to the development of the game would really make my year.  Thanks for reading and please take this post down or lock it out from non-admins once you guys decide whether or not to respond so I don't get pestered by crackpots (and there are a lot of them).  Thank you for your time.

-dedekind

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Looking to get in touch with an Admin for design direction comments
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 12:56:37 am »
To any admins that might troll this:  I'm a 4th year PhD student in theoretical physics in the USA and grew up playing X-Com for PC and PSONE.  I would love to help provide comments and suggestions concerning the development of certain tech trees and the plausibility of storyline developments.  here is my research weblink http://www.physics.unc.edu/directory/directory.php?section=5&tmpl=bio&mode=text&param=422

I've registered for the wiki under dedekind82, so please contact me at my e-mail in the aforementioned URL.    I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I just can't believe how amazing the project has turned out and I am obsessed with v2.2.  When I was an undergrad at Rutgers I remember reading on some esoteric x-com hack forums about you guys wanting to get started, and I NEVER thought it would have gotten this far.  Again, any help I can offer concerning the feasibility of physics or algorithms or mathe etc to the development of the game would really make my year.  Thanks for reading and please take this post down or lock it out from non-admins once you guys decide whether or not to respond so I don't get pestered by crackpots (and there are a lot of them).  Thank you for your time.

-dedekind

We can always use someone with a better research background. Look me up in the IRC channel and we can discuss any suggestions you might have.

Regards,
Winter