project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ideas of Psionic concept and other things  (Read 9370 times)

Sophisanmus

Re: Ideas of Psionic concept and other things
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 04:22:14 pm »
There is also the remote possibility that psionics might be a strictly human resource.  Or it might be more reminiscent of Apocalypse's psionics.  Or it might be handled in some new, unique mold-breaking way (group psionic attacks, anyone?).  Right now, though, idea discussion is much more productive on the matter.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 04:27:07 pm »
If the public wants this feature in general, then something's gonna be done for the psionic abilities.

Um, no.

"The public" does not determine what will and will not be implemented, when it comes to big game elements like that. That's up to the dev team.

That said, Psionics WILL be included into the game. It's been part of the plan for years.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 12:46:08 am »
Psionics will surely be a strategical element, but one thing I disliked about psionics in i.e. UFO 2 was that you basically controlled a few aliens and used them to kill off the other aliens on the final game. I think that was way too powerful and it shouldnt be that anyone just has one trained guy tha can control all the aliens.

I think too that psionics should not be solely for the humans. What about some unit that is similar to a mind flay/brain eater, that can control human units slightly, or cause fear or similar fun effects (and kills by moving close to the human unit and starts devouring brains or something)

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 03:46:18 am »
My copy of X-com wouldn't run and kept crashing instead of loading ground battles,

I learned how to play by reading and watching videos so I am very much interested in finally using PSI powers.

PH3R our hatred of bombing runs, Bad Idea.

brainy19

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 09:36:17 am »
Yeah, bombing runs is too big of an idea for a game of just one squad against one squad.  But I am really excited to implement Psi powers.  What technologies would be a prerequisite for the psi tech?  Any ideas or suggestions?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 11:43:10 am »
The psi tech is tied to the XVI tree. That's really as precise as it gets right now. Work on psi hasn't started yet. So much other stuff to do.