project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Welcome back, UFOAI  (Read 6566 times)

PsyWarrior

Welcome back, UFOAI
« on: March 12, 2006, 11:37:12 pm »
Greetings!

I've been monitoring UFOAI for a significant amount of time, and was once an active member of the forums. As such I've watched its decline and death. I was VERY vocal with my opinions that UFOAI should go into open development, as I believe that it's one of the best re-incarnations of the UFO games - certainly better than the new UFO games being sold currently.

I was convinced this was a totally dead project, but when I checked to see if the website had gone down yet, I was surprised to see that not only did it still exist, development had restarted!

So I'd just like to say: Welcome back Alien Invasion, and good luck! You have my support and my thanks.

-PsyWarrior

Offline Malick

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 06:44:59 pm »
Hi all !

As many users of this forum, I'm glad to see this project back on tracks. Hopefully, it will move forward thanks to svn and everybody being able to participate.

Just like PsyWarrior I thought this was long dead and was nicely surprised when I checked the ufo:ai site out of boredom...

Hope to hear from you all again !

Malick

Vcube

Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 06:54:50 pm »
Psywarrior ?

skilari

Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:42:21 pm »
Woohoo!

I never lost faith! Welcome back guys!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:56:26 pm »
They're different guys, though. The previous developers are genuinely feeding the fishes.

PsyWarrior

Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 03:41:46 pm »
Quote from: "Vcube"
Psywarrior ?

Yes? :roll:

It should be interesting to see if the new devs take UFOAI in a different direction, or if they stick mostly to the original team's plans.

Either way, at least we're likely to see a finished version of the game now. :)

-PsyWarrior

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 11:53:33 am »
No new developers other than the ones who put out the TD2 beta have presented themselves, though. It would be good if there were some more developers. Recruitment time, everyone.

Vcube

Welcome back, UFOAI
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 06:01:37 pm »
Oops

I mean Psywarrior, I don't know. I am interested.