project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No more UFOs  (Read 7391 times)

adiaz36

No more UFOs
« on: March 02, 2008, 04:12:34 am »
I have come to a point where there are no more UFOs in the game. I have let the time run and I have not seen them for almost a year. There are no terror missions or anything else. Should I report this as a bug? Should I wait some more time see if they appear?

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: No more UFOs
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:57:52 pm »
Maybe there should be a way to notify the user that this is "not normal" or something...

adiaz36

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:03:32 am »
Hrmmm no answers to this?

reading some other things I notice that the game ends when the first viral ship attacks. I saw that infection was 4% but I never saw the ship or maybe I missed it. Do no more ships appear after the first virus ship?

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:54:47 am »
There's no need to report this as a bug: in 2.2 UFOs are spawned rather randomly, and this needs improvements.
This is work in progress, the way UFO are handled will be changed in the future.

Mr Glam

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:01:29 pm »
I'm having the same issue in the version 2.2.1 for Mac OSX, it's possible to avoid this?
Should I restart the game?

JKal

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 03:40:12 pm »
hmmm i just joined the forums because i have the same problem
no ufos, no events, no new research proposals
did the game end?

also what is viral infection?  mine is at 3% but i have no idea what it is or what to do about it.

odie

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 08:06:50 pm »
Well, dear folks,

U r probably at version 2.2.1.

The current undergoing development is 2.3 - Development.

Its not yet stable and many bugs to be squashed. So wait for it.
It will change in the ways UFOs are handled, with TONS more features.

There is no more development / changes that will be made to v 2.2.1. So sorry abt tat.

As for the viral infections, look out for it in 2.3 too. Many more of the storyline and stuff should be released on 2.3. :D So tat should be more good news for u all! Toodles.

PS: If u r interested in taking a peek at 2.3 and dun mind the bugs (for now), try out the downloads for the SVNs i compiled. :D

Megakiller

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 08:05:28 pm »
actually no UFO's is fortunate, I lost 2 firebirds, and they where armed.

P.S-due to this I lsot my entire millitary and lost shortly after due to my bad luck.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:11:25 pm by Megakiller »

odie

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 08:11:16 pm »
actually no UFO's is fortunate, I lost 2 firebirds, and they where armed.

P.S-due to this I lsot my entire millitary and lost shortly after due to my bad luck.

Well, u might want to try a different strategy then.....or simply switch to an easier level? :P