project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Storyline Variant: The Dark Genesis  (Read 15404 times)

jagreen

Storyline Variant: The Dark Genesis
« on: July 17, 2006, 02:24:41 am »
The Alien Invasion:

-The first Age (Scouts & Cientifics).
The alien's goals are really a mistery, noone know exactly why they are here. In the first age of the game they comming only for cientific and scouting purpouse.

Thats why the humanity at first only can know a limited background of the aliens, and ufos, like crop circles, abductions, photos & videos of ufos, implants in humans and other races, cows mutilations =P

"They" know of the aliens presence long time ago, they are the Phalanx, a elite teams of cientist, militars, and politicians. They control the politic of his country in the shadows, they uses the kings, presidents, ... like puppets.

They have that amoung of power because the situation is really critic. Some of them think that this is the calm that preced the torment and they are in truth.

The diferent governments, granted to Phalanx special powers, for take fast reactions in extreme situations.

-The Second Age (Leaders Pretend).

The second main menace of the aliens will be the leaders pretend. The aliens have the technology for kidnap world leaders, and replace them for genetic duplicants or for control them upon psy technology.

-The Third Age (Orbital Attack).

Their larger ships will arrive, and their will stablish his mothership and siege ships (Attacking all the energy, and military facilities).

-The Fourth Age (The invasion).

In the age of the Invasion the will send troops to earth and they will stablish bases on earth.

-The Fifth Age (The Harvest).

In this age they will send machines like giant squids with only one purpouse to harvest all the humans.

-The Sixth Age (The Visceral Attacks).

In this age the humanity, will be putting really in trouble to the aliens invasion. Now they have a pesimistic & dramatic point of view about the invasion and the end of the war.
In this age they will try not to recolect us, they will try only to destroy our world and all on it. Only for revenge reasons.

-The End of a war.
The research and construction of the last structure ingame, "The Nostradamus", will end the war. Their attacks is always predicted, as all his actions. Thats because, "The Nostradamus" can do travels in short times.

Now only lack to give the last blow to the aliens civilization, their center of power his Main Computer.

The technology of the alien race is so advanced & sophisticated, that not even them can understand some of their primitives technologies.
They have a Main Computer in the mothership that have all their databases, and without it their civilization would be in total chaos.

When the MotherShip and the Main Computer is totally destroyed, the rest of the fleet will flee.

Those text will be a total secret for the player, only studying some alien related history, will give this information to the player.

The Dark Genesis:

Milleniums before that the humanity walk in the face of the earth, a alien race come to a inhabited world, rich in oxygen and watter. A medium world, that sustent life based upon carbon.

They send the seed for the humanity, a new race for their collection of races at them service. In this case they need a race for supply of biologic components, like human brains for sustent their main technology, their computers and communications, based upon neuron net.

They can produce by himselfs those neurons using their clonation technology, but the main goal of their clonation laboratories is to reproduct themeselves, because long time ago their lost the faculty of reproduct themselves. Thats why they uses the clonation as a way of survive of their race.

The Apocalypsis:

The Apocalypsis is the Harvest Age, they will send machines like squids with only one purpouse, to harvest all the humans.

Millions and millions of human will die in only some weeks, the end of the human race is near. Only some humans will survive and will be used like alien pets.

Comments please =D

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 11:22:14 am »
I feel this scenario has some potential, but the part where you say that nobody knows why the aliens are really here irks me. I realize it's easy on you as the writer because you don't have to think of a good reason, but it is very unsatisfactory for a player to never know what he's really fighting against.

jagreen

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:51:57 am »
I feel this scenario has some potential, but the part where you say that nobody knows why the aliens are really here irks me. I realize it's easy on you as the writer because you don't have to think of a good reason, but it is very unsatisfactory for a player to never know what he's really fighting against.

Yes there is a reason for the invasion:

To Harvest all THE HUMANS!! =)) And steal our precious brain

The Dark Genesis:

Milleniums before that the humanity walk in the face of the earth, a alien race come to a inhabited world, rich in oxygen and watter. A medium world, that sustent life based upon carbon.

They send the seed for the humanity, a new race for their collection of races at them service. In this case they need a race for supply of biologic components, like human brains for sustent their main technology, their computers and communications, based upon neuron net.

They can produce by himselfs those neurons using their clonation technology, but the main goal of their clonation laboratories is to reproduct themeselves, because long time ago their lost the faculty of reproduct themselves. Thats why they uses the clonation as a way of survive of their race.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 11:58:26 am »
That's the text you give to the player, but before that you say it's unknown why the aliens come to earth, which implies the text the player gets is wrong. Make up your mind.

The cloning thing has been mentioned before, I think, but I'm not sure. Can you flesh it out a bit? You added it almost as an afterthought. Why did the aliens lose the ability to reproduce? And why did they come all the way out here to get their DNA, as opposed to simply building farms that grow the necessary cells for them? After all, if they can clone, they should have an endless supply of tissue. I don't see why they need us so badly.

jagreen

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:08:15 pm »
That's the text you give to the player, but before that you say it's unknown why the aliens come to earth, which implies the text the player gets is wrong. Make up your mind.

At first noone know why the aliens come to earth, later, the investigations will reveal the DARK TRUE. ^_^

Why did the aliens lose the ability to reproduce?

They lose his hability to reproce because the long centuries traveling & living in space.

And why did they come all the way out here to get their DNA, as opposed to simply building farms that grow the necessary cells for them?

Because they need the farms for reproduct themeselves as i said, and they need a lot of neuronal cells, they need millions & millions, thats why they cant sustent their own technology. (And is cheaper  :wink: ).

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:09 pm »
Living in space for centuries, huh? That would imply their bodies are used to free-fall, and they'd not be able to endure the gravity at Earth's surface, let alone fight on it.

So, okay, they need neuron cells. But it's CHEAPER to invade a whole planet than to just breed cattle with large brains on some colony? Hell no. That's what I meant with farms. If you can't create the cells you need, you find some organism that can produce it, and exploit it. That's how humans do it. When we need meat to eat, we don't hunt (wage war on) animals. Instead, we drive them into pens, fatten them up, and then slaughter them at our leisure. The aliens would certainly do it the same way.

jagreen

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 12:28:51 pm »
So, okay, they need neuron cells. But it's CHEAPER to invade a whole planet than to just breed cattle with large brains on some colony? Hell no. That's what I meant with farms. If you can't create the cells you need, you find some organism that can produce it, and exploit it. That's how humans do it. When we need meat to eat, we don't hunt (wage war on) animals. Instead, we drive them into pens, fatten them up, and then slaughter them at our leisure. The aliens would certainly do it the same way.

Thats why they create us and they send the seed of humans to earth. Now is time to HARVEST! =D
In the same way as we have cows at our service, or others domestic animals. :D , but the "project" get away of his hands.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 12:35:30 pm »
But you didn't say that. You made that up on the spot. Besides, that's almost the same scenario as the one I wrote on the storyline thread. And as someone pointed out, it's stupid that the aliens wouldn't leave a watch dog to keep an eye on us, so we wouldn't get strong enough to resist them, the same way humans tame animals so they won't fight back.

jagreen

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 12:43:37 pm »
But you didn't say that. You made that up on the spot. Besides, that's almost the same scenario as the one I wrote on the storyline thread.

Really?  :(  What a bad luck to write the same history =//

And as someone pointed out, it's stupid that the aliens wouldn't leave a watch dog to keep an eye on us, so we wouldn't get strong enough to resist them, the same way humans tame animals so they won't fight back.

Yes, but the "project" get away of his hands. Because the humans probably grown really fast in knowledge. Or the aliens started another of their wars that could distract them for centuries.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 12:48:31 pm »
See, you did it again. I'm getting really tired of this. You come up with an idea, only it's only HALF an idea. So right, you came up with a general theme for the storyline (it really isn't more than that), but you didn't think about it in detail. When I ask a question about it, you think up something that just about manages to answer the question, but it just creates three more questions. So the aliens "created" us? How? When? Why didn't we know about it? The aliens got distracted? By whom? How could they possibly be distracted for so long?

I suggest you go back to the drawing board, really THINK about the storyline, and then write up something that covers every aspect of the situation. Just explaining something away with something convenient is not the way to do these things.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 01:03:35 pm »
You've got quite a scolding, jagreen, didn't you? ;)

But BTAxis is right. Don't sell yourself cheap. Think things over. Sleep over them. Select among variants. Then your creativity will not be wasted in chit-chat.

jagreen

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 01:09:06 pm »
So the aliens "created" us? How?

Read before:

When?

Before too:

Why didn't we know about it?

Thats why we cant know our genesis, only we can know that information only in one way the research. Is like now we cant know where we come untill the ciencifics research it.

The aliens got distracted? By whom?

Probably this isnt transcendent for the story, only "one of their common wars", the humans dont know nothing about this information.

I suggest you go back to the drawing board, really THINK about the storyline, and then write up something that covers every aspect of the situation. Just explaining something away with something convenient is not the way to do these things.

We are not here to speak about those things? =D

Is a general idea, of the alien invasion nomore. If you thing that it is interesting we can improve it. =)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 01:19:15 pm »
I would discuss it, but all your answers are one-liners like "they came here millennia before humans walked the earth" and "they sent the seed of humanity to earth". That doesn't cut it. Like I said, it's not a storyline you're describing, it's a theme for the storyline. It could work, but it's missing so much. Example: I still don't understand why the aliens would go to the trouble of seeding human life, then wait for six million years (yes, it took that long for us to evolve), and then harvest us for their brains. I mean, SIX MILLION YEARS. What kind of investment return interval is that? They'd be much, MUCH better off just finding a planet with some primitive mammals, farm those for their cells and be done with it. The invasion of Earth makes no sense.

jagreen

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 01:38:53 pm »
You've got quite a scolding, jagreen, didn't you?

Yes, Im filling some hurt.

BTAxis you are like a nit in my BALLS!  :wink:  <<jagreen is joking>>

Example: I still don't understand why the aliens would go to the trouble of seeding human life, then wait for six million years (yes, it took that long for us to evolve)

Why they have to wait six millions years?, six millions years is the time of the human evolution as the cientifics think now. If the aliens bring us to the earth, this theory is false. You can say the year you like as i said:

Some Milleniums before the humans most ancient civilization would be great.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 01:42:42 pm »
Yeah, that's the basic restriction we have in all storylines. It has to be a period of thousands of years, it can't really be much shorter, because of interstellar travel times, and it can't be much longer, because the aliens would have evolved on otherwise.

But if the aliens just put prefab humans on Earth a few thousand years ago, why are we finding fossils from before that time that indicate a six-million-year evolution? And if they had prefab humans, complete with brains, why not just keep them in pens in colonies, safely under lock and key, allowing them to mate but not allowing them to have  acivilization, thus minimizing both costs and risk? It makes no sense, still.