project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Corruption From Multiple Missions  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Corruption From Multiple Missions
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:12:51 pm »
There is definitely something fishy going on whenever more than one mission are successfully completed in the same sitting.  If i was a betting man, i'd bet there's some memory leak that occurs when the mission is 'won' that doesn't seem to happen when it is 'lost'.  Here are some symptoms i have seen:

1) Completed the Wellington mission, then had my dropship wiped out by a surprise Harvester.  Reload the savefile taken just before landing in Wellington.  Now the location of the mission is different.  I forget where.

2) I once saw some graphical corruption in the Buy/Sell Equipment screen - there was a white rectangle that covered two names in the equipment list.  Sorry, i did not get a screen shot.  Anyway it hasn't happened again since, and the only different thing i can think of that happened before this was that i had finished two missions back to back.

I have now begun quitting the game after every mission rather than just reloading.  Since i started this, i have not seen any more wierdness