project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Music bug?  (Read 2152 times)

Woreczko

Music bug?
« on: February 10, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »
I noticed, that through the game I`m hearing almost only 2 soundtracks - the one from the geoscape (and intro?) and the "mission completed" one. When a tactical mission starts it seems, that a new soundtack is starting (I can hear it for certain in druglords map) but in a matter of seconds good, old geoscape music kicks in again. Anyway to fix it?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Music bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:16:40 pm »
I've noticed this also. Also the "mission finished" music keeps playing even after you return to the geoscape. It should return to the geoscape music, ideally at the exact point it was cut off. But that's bling.

sirg

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 01:40:51 pm »
In 2.0 you had a nice "rock" track when playing a mission. Where is that? Now the only music I hear is the geoscape tune, and I'm hearing it in my sleep too :)

nemchenk

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:33:59 pm »
It's deffo a bug. You can see the engine starting to play the music from maps.ufo, but then switching to van_geoscape, if you look in the Console. I've been manually switching it to back :D

On a related point -- I actually like that the Victory music keeps playing on my troops' flight back to base ;D Oh baby, Ye-e-e-eh baby, Woo-o-o-oh baby, Havin' me some fun tonight.  8) Maybe just queue the geoscape track after the victory march?

nemchenk
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:35:50 pm by nemchenk »

nemchenk

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:42:30 pm »
Bug #1900423, I think I have a fix but need to confirm with Mattn