project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Memo to human resources  (Read 2192 times)

Panthera Leo

Memo to human resources
« on: February 22, 2008, 09:40:56 am »
Quote from:  Base record MEM-00000042
To: Human Resources
Subject: Better requirement methodologies

We generally don't accept or try to avoid losses like the bubonic plague, but they happen. So we need new soldiers. We build new bases and need personal to man them. So we need new soldiers. Sure would be nice if we didn't have to spend my time scrolling though twenty to fifty candidates to select two or three of the best suited for the needed role(s).

Commander Towel

I know, I'm being lazy, but It's kind of hard for me to focus on a list of 50+ soldier that are that when listed off look the same as a scrolling list. Then after screening half that, have to scroll back up to compare one unit to another. It would be nice have a control filter that down to say, the top ten heavy weapons users.

I wouldn't put this as a high priority over say bugs or the story, but it should would make my day.

Neko

Re: Memo to human resources
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:13:38 am »
Or simply a way to fire the really bad ones to unclutter the list. I agree.

ceponatia

Re: Memo to human resources
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:29 pm »
The problem with "firing" or removing the really bad soldiers from the pool is that if a ton of your forces get wiped out on a mission you'll suddenly have no reserve force.

I second filters though. Would make the interface a lot nicer. Also would it be possible to implement a visual aid that shows how much your soldier has improved since the last mission?