project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Low framerate at tactical combat  (Read 11117 times)

Zurak

Re: Low framerate at tactical combat
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »
I have the exact same problem.  My guess is that some being of higher power hates me and led me to this game (Die hard x-com fan, greatest game ever IMO) just to watch me cry when i got into tactical combat and got a 1 fps refresh rate  ;)

I do believe it is a dropship issue and not soldier, as i actually managed to get 2 soldiers away from the dropship and no lag.  Unfortunately with no backup they were quickly overrun.

I will download your beta and see if anything improves.

Great game btw, looking forward to future releases, and i hope soon that enviroments will be destructable.  My favorite tactic was always to just equip all my guys with rocket launchers and autocannons and blow/burn down farm buildings to get aliens out. So much safer than actually going in  ;D

Zurak

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 07:47:44 pm »
almost forgot..... does anyone else crash when they try to go to full screen mode?

Zurak

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 08:48:13 pm »
the new version seems to fix the tactical lag completely for me.  Also found the fix for fullscreen.  TY, now its time to do something ive being waiting to do for ten years....BLAST SOME ALIENS!!!!!!!!!  ;D

BTW the beta version .3 looks great

SnowJack

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 09:31:33 pm »
I was having similar problems.   I downloaded the newest nvidia driver for my graphics card (8600) and the tactical maps run fine now.  They put out several new drivers this month so I would check for them.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:29 am »

Gorgonas

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:44 pm »
Try to allways have 2 saved positions: 1 with clear geoscape, and 2. for ex. "before mission", with UFOs, missions, planes in the air etc.
Each first attempt (after starting the game) that I try to play tactical mission the FPS goes rapidly down. Then I have to abort the mission, load the 1 save slot with clear geoscape, then load the 2nd save again and the FPS is OK. But sometimes I have to exit the game and start it again. I tried to change some values in graphic settings, but it has no effect, so I realized to play it on the 1024x768 with highest texture resolution. Maybe this trick with clear geoscape help someone.