project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feedback on controls  (Read 2463 times)

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Feedback on controls
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:28:51 am »
I want to see an easy way to "cancel" the current action.

<Esc> breaks out to the options menu.
<Ctrl> seems to sometimes cancel, and sometimes turn.

If I have a proposed movement path on-screen, and want to just cancel, there doesn't seem to be any way besides clicking on a new destination
---

Movement paths that combine a straight and a diagonal have a 50% chance of doing it in the wrong order. I'd like to see some way to switch between different paths to get to point X before choosing one. Yes, that's a shortcut to putting in lots of short mouse clicks.

Alternately, can we get keyboard controls to move the current actor one space in direction X? Bonus points for recalculating the path to destination as I move in a different path.
---

Firing is none intuitive. I click on the weapon icon, I click on the fire mode, I hit "space" to bring up the enemy, and I try to click on the enemy to fire. Doesn't work.

agentsteel

Re: Feedback on controls
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:53:46 pm »
also a sort of "lasso" tool/rectangle  (dont know what else to call it :P) to select a group of soldiers or a key to select all 8 soldiers and assign the same commands (like crouch) to everyone (hope that doesnt already exist and im making a fool of myself:P)

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on controls
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:54 am »
That would actually be cool. If the latter is difficult to implement for now, that crouching could be a super easy loop like

group = actors[1..-1]
  group.each {|soldier| soldier.crouch}

Or in more transparent words, "for each selected guy, let this actor <crouch> down or stand up" etc..
I guess that would be easy to implement