project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ramblings  (Read 1992 times)

mash

ramblings
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:19:13 pm »
I am looking at the code, frankly its a bit overwhelming for me

1)
if you put a single double-quote in soldiers name, enter,  and then click other names, it gets a little weired with blinking *,   "

2)
end-of-month report  (income, cost, simple stats giving overview)

3)
when a research is done it should give an option to view research

4)
I often have issue with research report as its not clear what the result is.
its missing an executive summary and the resault (and so now we can produce .., or research ...)
huh? is my usual reaction

5)
Base size. bigger bases should cost much more

6)
one nice departure from the original will be to re-introduce earth weapons with new ammunitions for earth missions
it adds some to research track and needs little graphics ( I am guessing )

for example cannon that fire Gas grenades, machine guns firing bullets laced with biological agents that effects aliens. in this case the new machine gun has more range, ...

7)
another suggestion is the military school, college where every month adds to reaction fire, moral, ....

8)
aliens have not attacked my base at all, wonder why

Offline mattheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: ramblings
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:08:52 am »
5) base size - bigger bases already are costing more because every building in base costs money to build and maintain

6) like grenade launcher which already has plasma grenade?

7) in moment base areas are quite small, there are no room for additional buildings and such training would never be so simple that one month gives some stats

base attacks are not active in release (2.2) and wont became so in 2.2 branch, I don't know about development version (2.3), but I think they are not active there also in moment, but will be in near future before 2.3 release

mash

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 04:03:29 am »
hi,
 thanks for response, my bases for suggestions where to have cheap ways (in terms of development) to add variety, and complexity

5) from base size, i meant bases with more tiles, i suppose this is already in "to do list"
 6) earth weapon with different stats, i.e. bigger range like bolter etc. etc.

thanks

Offline mattheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:24:44 pm »
5) Bases are already quite big for base defense missions. More tiles on which to build could make base defense a area nightmare. But at same time I think also that bases are quite too small and its very few room to spend for double facilities (like two or more laboratories and at same time maintaining every other facility also in same base).

6) different ammo will change range in very few examples - like howitzer shots with additional rocket engine which in turn takes space of explosives so it wont be so powerful anymore when coming down 10 to 15 km further from normal range (25 km). Plasma grenades for rocket launcher are very well more powerful and usable.

(My comments are not "official" because I'm not developer and probably someone can add / correct me.)

sirg

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:35:08 pm »
The base shouldn't be huge as a map - in X-COM it wasn't huge either, but it had levels.

Anyway, the developer's decision of not allowing to save the game during the missions would prevent any fun long missions on several floors. Maybe adding a checkpoint or something would be great.