project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Need new ammos for Launchers  (Read 3156 times)

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Need new ammos for Launchers
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:50:26 am »
Hello all!

I think gameplay UFOAI would be more effective when you add some ammos to existent weapon:

1. 25mm Anti Alien Gas Grenade  for Grenade Launcher
2. Plasma rockets for Rocket Launcher
3. 25mm Psionic Pulse Grenade for Grenade Launcher

4. 25mm Ammo Flare for Grenade Launcher
--
Super Weapon:
5. Rocket Anti Alien Gas for Rocket Launcher.
6. Rocket Psionic Pulse for Rocket Launcher.

Surrealistik

Re: Need new ammos for Launchers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:33:25 pm »
Plasma rockets and gas grenades? Rad. Throw in antimatter rounds as well for good measure. I don't think the psionic munitions are going to pan out, due to XVI being the only method of psionic generation.

btfx

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:01:02 pm »
4. 25mm Ammo Flare for Grenade Launcher
I kinda like this one. Once vision is affected by lighting this could even out the playing field for a few turns. Though I wouldn't make it 25mm, rather a flare that works from a flare pistol, since shooting one flare and then unloading the other 8, so you can plop in the plasma doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:54:38 pm »
 I think, that adding much more ammo types, espcially gas granades and rockets and any kind of superior range flash bangs would pretty much overpower rocket launchers and granade lauchers.

I still like the idea of some improved missile ammo, as I rarely use the rocket laucher right now: snipers do a better job.

I`d really love to see some improved ammo (perhaps kind of plasma ammo, armor piercing) for conventional weapons (assaults, MG) to make them an alternative to alien weaponry/laser/bolter...

Surrealistik

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:13:21 am »
Rocket launchers aren't exactly overpowered even with these new ammo types. Personally I think their munitions should enjoy a *signifigant* damage boost, so that a direct hit equates to instant and certain death for infantry regardless of armour. Grenade launchers you could make a semi-plausible argument for in this respect, but really, its lack of range, large size, deficient reaction fire capabilities and situational nature makes up for its power and versatility.

Flare rounds would be sweet. Good idea. This'll serve a useful purpose once light influenced line of sight dynamics come into play. I think 25mm Smoke and Flashbang rounds should also be availible.

I`d really love to see some improved ammo (perhaps kind of plasma ammo, armor piercing) for conventional weapons (assaults, MG) to make them an alternative to alien weaponry/laser/bolter...

I suggested monomolecular rounds so that conventional weapons (with additional research so the point and core concept of iterative arsenal upgrades remains intact) can remain somewhat viable vis a vis advanced weaponry and armour, and continue to fill niches that are unoccupied by them. Winter didn't like it, so I guess that's off the table  ::).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 12:18:49 am by Surrealistik »

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:21:20 am »
Propose to put a 25mm gas granades and 25mm flare ammo into TODO list.