project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: scientists  (Read 5070 times)

mac01

scientists
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:49:39 am »
I've just started playing UFO, can anyone tell me why i can't hire new scientists to speed up research?

Thanks
Mac

SpaceWombat

Re: scientists
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:24:05 pm »
Are there unemployed scientists in the hire list (button scientists)? Fresh meat should arrive next month.
Do you have enough room in your quarters (buildings -> living quarters, message should show up if limit is reached when you try to employ)?

If you need further help please tell us more about what happens that makes you think you cannot hire more of them. Details matter.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:10:34 pm by SpaceWombat »

mac01

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:47:25 pm »
There are just no more scientists in the list. I have space in the living quarters so perhaps it's as you said they turn up each month!

Thanks
Mac

SpaceWombat

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:10:10 pm »
Yes, number of available scientists at start of a new game differs with difficulty level. You will get (I think about 10) new guys in every list each month.

I'm not sure whether this should be changed for the scientists/medics/workers because your research capability is restricted by your money already.

Anyone knowing whether the devs made up a final decision on that?

Sarkus

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 09:58:18 pm »
I'd rather see the game constrain me by making the missions harder then be limited by the number of scientists I can hire.  Except on the higher difficulty levels, the lack of scientists ends up being a major bottleneck.

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 04:44:42 am »
Don't worry, the limited number of soldiers will soon make your scientist shortage seem trivial.  ;D