project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Changes on the Reserche Tree  (Read 3367 times)

Syndicate X

Changes on the Reserche Tree
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:41:29 am »
Hello,

Well, I played the game almost two weeks now. And I find, that the tech tree is not well balanced. At the beginning of a campain, your list for reserchable techniques is overcrowded, but after some time .. is nothing left to reserche and your scientists are sleeping.

I Know, that most of the reserchable things belong to alien stuff, that can be found in missions, but I think some sidesteps and fundamental techniques can stretch the tech tree, without inflate him.

For example: in the Laser Segment: a step between the laser pistol, laser rifle, d-f cartridge and the heavy laser.

The goal has to be, to stretch and organize the tech tree, without inflate it to much.

Is there any interest for such a reconstruction of the tech tree??

I made a simple example ....

I hope my english is not to bad, but its quite a long time ago, since I get along with it!

LG

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Changes on the Reserche Tree
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 12:45:38 pm »
The tech tree is not remotely finished. You don't get research later on in the game because it's simply not done yet.

Syndicate X

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »
The tech tree is not remotely finished. You don't get research later on in the game because it's simply not done yet.

I know, I know! My idea based on the future tech tree. It seems to me, that it's a bit confused. Only a few specification, mostly based on stuff, found in tactical missions. My idea was, to construct a linear tech tree, with sidesteps, more specifications beyond founding stuff in missions, to stretch and organize the tech tree. I could do the conceptual work, write the german desciption for the steps and base techniques!

My question is still unanswered!??!

LG

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 09:52:54 pm »
Sorry, but the tech tree is being designed by Winter and myself. We have quite detailed plans for it, and we don't need any help with it.

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:46:52 am »
I think what you have is a bit overcomplicated, not to mention time consuming.

I also made a thread about the Laser Defense Turret.
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3019.0