project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Urban and Arctic camouflage  (Read 2973 times)

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Urban and Arctic camouflage
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:38:07 pm »
I like to use the 4 different uniform colors to help distinguish my soldiers, regardless of where i'm sending them they will have a variety to arctic, urban, jungle, & desert uniforms, so i can tell at a glance who is who.

However the urban and arctic uniforms are quite similar especially when viewed under non-ideal circumstances.

If i applied the following color-shift to all textures would it be accepted?
The new arctic camo is lighter, grayer, and the dark spots are a a little brownish.  I realize arctic camo has various styles, but this style is more distinct.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Urban and Arctic camouflage
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:00:50 pm »
please submit your new skins via the patchtracker - then we'll see - i suppose the short answer of your question is: yes

SpaceWombat

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:20:28 pm »
While I use the same method to distinguish between soldier's weapons categories how about less gimics to play around and more realistic feeling during the missions?

The soldiers could have a standard uniform in base (urban would be my favourite) and change their camouflage colour in mission dependant on the background of the mission (jungle/farm, snow,...).

Anyone likes the idea?  ;D

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:40:05 pm »
please submit your new skins via the patchtracker - then we'll see - i suppose the short answer of your question is: yes

Patch submitted.