project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: need help with running ufo:ai with eeepc 4g  (Read 3573 times)

suffian79

need help with running ufo:ai with eeepc 4g
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:30 am »
hi, newb here....

first of all congrats on developing this great game...at no cost at all...!!!

however, i cannot start the game cause get an error saying no graphic accelerator detected...

fyi...eeepc are able to run other 3d games like quake3, hl2, etc...proc 900 celeron, intel gma 900, 1 gig ram...please help...

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: need help with running ufo:ai with eeepc 4g
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:50:12 am »
this is because your renderer is "gdi generic" - which is not accelerated. ufo doesn't have support for software rendering - q3 has (not sure about hl2)

suffian79

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16:07 am »
thats too bad man....and here i am hoping to blast some aliens... >:(...thanx anyway...looks like i have to get  a copy of ufo:extraterrestrials then...

Offline mattheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:02:41 pm »
eeepc? this small chat+writing laptop without hard drive? funny tought to run 3d game on it, for gaming you should use normal notebook or normal pc. i'm very sure that extraterrestrials wont run either, but probably you can use old ufo defence and terror from deep with dosbox emulation.

Sacrusha

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 08:18:19 pm »
hi, newb here....

first of all congrats on developing this great game...at no cost at all...!!!

however, i cannot start the game cause get an error saying no graphic accelerator detected...

fyi...eeepc are able to run other 3d games like quake3, hl2, etc...proc 900 celeron, intel gma 900, 1 gig ram...please help...
If you happen to have posted this in the windows forum by accident and use the windows-like linux on the eee (which is the standard installation, I think) there's still a way you can make it work. I forgot the name of the tool, but if you post the problem in the linux forum I expect somebody to tell you within 15 minutes.