project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Earning Credits in Single-player Campaign?  (Read 2700 times)

bughunter

Earning Credits in Single-player Campaign?
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:45:02 pm »
I find it frustrating somtimes that the documentation on actually playing the game is so poor.

Fortunately, most of the interface is reasonably easy to figure out.

But for the life of me, I cannot get my total credits number to change, up or down.  I've completed three ground missions, retrieved alien tech and corpses, completed research, hired workers, soldiers and scientists, and built equipment.  But my total credit count has not changed.

What am I supposed to be doing?  When do I earn credits?   I can't build any more bases or buildings without more credits.

Also, any advice on the best way to heal wounded soldiers would help.

EDIT:  OK, so I needed to be patient a bit.  I just got paid...  It helpd a lot.   :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:55:45 pm by bughunter »

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Earning Credits in Single-player Campaign?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:11:24 am »
Ok, so you got your first payment. Assuming you keep winning your missions, money wont be a problem. In my games I normally reach the 10 Million cap around June, even after I built my complete set of 8 bases...

Concerning healing:
1) At the base: Build a hospital, hire medics and your soliders will heal in some time...

But Medipacks are the key for keeping your soldiers on constantly on duty. If one of my troopers gets wounded in battle in normally hide for one or two rounds and have him healed. This is MUCH faster than allowing him to leave the battle seriously wounded. I even stop hunting for the last alien, just to have my wounded healed. Every soldier has a medipack (i always buy a complete set on 1 Apr.) and this is most of the time in my holster  ;D for quick access...