project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: New Base interceptors?  (Read 10742 times)

Sarkus

New Base interceptors?
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:54:38 pm »
So I built a new base and put some interceptors in it.  However, when the base radar detects a UFO clicking on the UFO only brings up the craft at my first base.  In other words, the interceptors in my new base don't show as options to intercept.  I have been able to get them in the air by manually launching them, but that's rather cumbersome. 

Anyone else see this or is it an incomplete part of the game?

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: New Base interceptors?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:57 pm »
Did you equip your interceptors with weapons and ammo ? This is needed to be able to send them attack UFO. You can do that in the aircraft menu.

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:04:46 am »
Had the same bug, weapons were already installed... But after a few days the problem was gone...
I suspect that the interceptors had to be fueled completely before they appear on the overview...

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:45:50 am »
I suspect that the interceptors had to be fueled completely before they appear on the overview...

They don't need to be fueled completely, but they need to have enough fuel in order to reach the position of the UFO.

Cro

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:49:43 pm »
You need to equip interceptor only in 2.2 version.
In 2.1, there is no equipment at all.

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 09:02:16 pm »
I haven't been fortunate enough to run multiple bases w/aircraft, but i saw a list of bases to the right of the aircraft display, and assume selecting another base would open up a selection of that base's aircraft.  Or, it might fire the missles...   :P

Sophisanmus

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:30:45 pm »
Perhaps part of the problem where interceptors do not show up on the list right away is that weapons take a few game hours to install, and any craft without installed weapons will not appear on the intercept list.

The base listing on the right half represents base missile systems. 

I thought there may be a bug which manifests after I have 2-4 interceptor bases in play where fully-armed interceptors refuse to intercept.  Now that I think about it, I should check and make sure they have the ammunition to intercept...

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:10:21 am »
The base listing on the right half represents base missile systems.
Thanks for correcting me Sophisanmus, I realized that this was the case a few nights ago, but was unable to post anything until now.

Serrax

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:12:58 am »
Quote from: EuchreJack
Perhaps part of the problem where interceptors do not show up on the list right away is that weapons take a few game hours to install, and any craft without installed weapons will not appear on the intercept list.
I had a campaign with 7 bases with 4-8 fighters each.

There I had the bug that my interceptors (ready for combat) simply were not shown in the list of available interceptors.

Further: Are you sure that interceptors are not in the list if they install weapons? I believe, they are available for combat - and loose it of course.

cu

Offline EuchreJack

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 12:33:01 am »
My dropship has never made the list of possible interceptors, and it's unarmed.  Plus, a stilleto can go on a mission, so I don't think it has to do with the dropship being my dropship.  Still, I haven't tested it.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 12:42:25 am »
I had a campaign with 7 bases with 4-8 fighters each.

There I had the bug that my interceptors (ready for combat) simply were not shown in the list of available interceptors.

Further: Are you sure that interceptors are not in the list if they install weapons? I believe, they are available for combat - and loose it of course.

You realize that only the first 13 interceptors will be shown on the list, unless you cause it to scroll with the mouse-wheel?

Serrax

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 12:39:43 pm »
Quote from: eleazar
You realize that only the first 13 interceptors will be shown on the list, unless you cause it to scroll with the mouse-wheel?

I didn't count the shown aircrafts - but scrolling down/up doesn't work in that list. And I really tried hard to get my interceptors in the air...  ;)

Furthermore, the last aircraft on the bottom of that list isn't displayed correctly (just some letters on the left of the line).

cu

nemchenk

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 07:13:58 pm »
Hehehe ... *chortles at "problems getting it up" joke*  ;D ;D

Couldn't resist it!  :P

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 07:25:37 pm »
If you still didn't find the cause of this problem, you may open a bug tracker and attach a savegame, so that we can reproduce bug, please.

Serrax

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 09:07:00 pm »
I tried to reproduce the problem - but all of my current savegames are to advanced in the timeline before the end of the game to get any ufos to intercept...

It'll take me a little time to reconstruct that situation. I'll send you a savegame than.

@nemchenk:

Hey, my interceptors are elite... ;)

cu
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:41:49 pm by Serrax »