project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A couple of questions...  (Read 3378 times)

SashJs

A couple of questions...
« on: June 08, 2008, 06:50:40 pm »
First of all, I was thinking about putting this in coding but it seemed more of a 'is this possible?' bunch of question rather than a 'how do I code this' bunch. Sorry if it is in the wrong place. Anyway:

1) Equipment you get at the beginning? I am tired of having to sell some vital equipment or my Stiletto because I cannot afford to buy enough side arms or an extra rocket launcher or something. If I could start with the things I need it would be very helpful.

2) Removing maps? My computer is possibly the worse machine in the world for playing large maps like drug lords or the army convoy one in the US (can't remember name) and I get a lot of lagging and my soldiers not moving etc. I thought about deleting the string but I was worried about still getting the mission and then not being able to play it because there is no map.

3) Changing soldiers stats? Nothing annoys me more than getting my starting 7 and finding out they are all mediocre with HEs or sniping. Any way to change this or do I have to keep starting over until I get a balanced squad?

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:00:51 pm »
1) I am somewhat surprised you have to resort to selling interceptors to get the necessary gear.  What sort of loadout do you want on the first mission?

2) I will let the gurus answer, but my kneejerk reaction is to see if more performance can be squized out of your machine - is the registry clear, no zombie processes, drive defragmanted?  I suppose if the machine is real old...

3) I believe this is being discussed in another thread, presently.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 03:53:01 pm »
1) I have the same question as DanielOR.  You get a fair bit of kit to begin with, and are free to sell whatever you can't/don't use.  For me, that includes Shotguns, Smoke Grenades, IR goggles and Shiva cannons.  Also since the budget is so tight the first month, try not to get anything extravagant until the first of April.

2) It might be possible to edit the .ufo files, but it wouldn't be easy.  Also, there's no guarantee it wouldn't corrupt your saves.  As Daniel-san said, first look for optimization.  It might even help to reboot before playing...

3) It's currently not possible.  I get better performance through giving each soldier a weapon that matches what they are good at.