project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some bugs in 2.2  (Read 9276 times)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Some bugs in 2.2
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 08:05:15 pm »
what do you mean with two TODOs - be a bit more specific, any console output? where are those TODOs?

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 12:43:34 am »
what do you mean with two TODOs - be a bit more specific, any console output? where are those TODOs?

Sorry, I try to explain: The screen goes black, to green messages

<TODO>

<TODO>

move slowly from the middle of the screen up, in the lower right corner is in green: click to continue. I am quite sure that it is a missing/still todo cutscene.

Three times when i clicked to continue, i was back in the main menue...but meanwhile i found a workaorund: just click the button continue in the single player option...and when i checked my base stats, i found out that the XVI-Phase had begun, as i suspected. Everything is fine.

One further question: What is the current ending point (concerning story develpment)... I assume there is nothing beyond the Universal Serum?!

Offline Zukn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 12:51:56 am »
 I've also had this occur. During 2.1 it was the message you got that the aliens were escalating the war.

Offline Knurt

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 06:53:12 am »
First let me thank you for the great game. It's the first time I've played it and I am really impressed!

Maybe I can help with the <TODO> messages after some maps/missions. In the German translation I also got 2 messages:

First:
seq_xvi_sentence1
seq_xvi_sentence2

Second:
seq_invasion_sentence1
seq_invasion_sentence2

If I switch to English language I get just "<TODO>" instead of those messages.
I was able to reproduce it because in the shelter map I just found 6 of 7 aliens  :( and abandoned the map after searching the whole map 3 times for the last missing one. After that I got the "seq_invasion_sentence1" messsage if I play in German or "<TODO>" if I switch to English.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 06:58:27 am by Knurt »

Marsu

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:51:44 pm »
I also had the "invisible alien" in the map shelter (or "+shelterd" as the console says).
Oh yes, the stairs in the "blue sector" don't work for me. I can only use the first step.
EDIT: They work just fine going down. But from the bottom up is a no go.

I had those messages too. But I got the "seq_xvi_sentence1 seq_xvi_sentence2" while having the game set to english language.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:14:25 am by Marsu »

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 10:29:25 am »
I also had the "invisible alien" in the map shelter (or "+shelterd" as the console says).

That map is absolutely horrible.  No sooner than you start walking in the entrance and your soldiers are already starting to lose track of their position.  It's guaranteed that every time i play that one i'll have some soldiers stuck in the wall or hanging in midair off the catwalk.  You can only walk around around for so long looking for the invisible alien [actually, i think it's stuck in the wall too] before you give up and restart the mission.  I finally just give up and auto-mission that one.