project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFOPEDIA  (Read 25256 times)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 09:32:37 am »
ah... but keep in mind, that you also need to adopt the female and male soldier models to use the armor. like this was done for the light and medium armor we need an folder maleheavy and femaleheavy with your models of armor and soldiers. that wear this armor.

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 12:52:30 pm »
By themselves, or when you drag them with mouse?

With mouse. Hm. By the way very much it was pleasant to me that models remain in that position in what you have set first of them. But I think that it is no use to make ammunitions separately. Especially in a view of that UFOPEDIA have a little changed design.

We've discussed it before and we've come to the conclusion that we only need pictures for thigs that have no models (like all the research, damage types, skills, etc.) and those that have ugly models, like amor, some alien topics, etc., but these need to be in accord with models...

I am concordant.

the armor pics are render screenshots from the armor models. see the existing ones in base/models/soldiers subfolders. It would be bad to make this in another direction. a concept art would be ok. models of them would be ok, too

Sory.  :oops: Can you replay this phrase with more simply word?

ah... but keep in mind, that you also need to adopt the female and male soldier models to use the armor. like this was done for the light and medium armor we need an folder maleheavy and femaleheavy with your models of armor and soldiers. that wear this armor.

Better I just icons shall make.  :)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 01:47:47 pm »
Quote from: "A M D G"
But I think that it is no use to make ammunitions separately.

Notice that there can be many ammunition types for the same weapon. Moreover on the ammunition pages you have different info that on the weapon page, e.g. the damage type info. (The main descriptions are usually the same, though). Could you explain what bothers you in separate ammunition ufopedia pages? Perhaps we can improve the interface, etc...

the armor pics are render screenshots from the armor models. see the existing ones in base/models/soldiers subfolders. It would be bad to make this in another direction. a concept art would be ok. models of them would be ok, too

Sory.  :oops: Can you replay this phrase with more simply word?

Here you are: the armor pics are not drawn by hand. They are just photograps of models. So we don't need armor icons (I will correct the wiki in a minute to reflect that). Sorry! On the other hand a concept art that would inspire a modeller is very welcome.

Better I just icons shall make.  :)

No need for them, infortunately...

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 04:43:52 pm »
Notice that there can be many ammunition types for the same weapon. Moreover on the ammunition pages you have different info that on the weapon page, e.g. the damage type info. (The main descriptions are usually the same, though). Could you explain what bothers you in separate ammunition ufopedia pages? Perhaps we can improve the interface, etc...

Same it is elementary. It is simple as a pancake. :) I can draw right now a couple of sketches for UFOPEDIA where will be on one page both an ammunition and the weapon, and the information on these. To tell the truth IMHO it is not so convenient when damage type is on other page.

Here you are: the armor pics are not drawn by hand. They are just photograps of models. So we don't need armor icons (I will correct the wiki in a minute to reflect that). Sorry! On the other hand a concept art that would inspire a modeller is very welcome

Hm. Why you still so have not made?

Are you remember how pics for skills and others was have been made at X-Com?

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 09:20:59 pm »
Quote from: A M D G
I can draw right now a couple of sketches for UFOPEDIA where will be on one page both an ammunition and the weapon, and the information on these.

Sure, please do. For Rocket Launcher and its three kinds of rockets, each with a separate damage type and a piece of decription.

To tell the truth IMHO it is not so convenient when damage type is on other page.

You may be right. But just one click on the ammo model (the click is not yet implemented) and you are on the ammo page where the damage is listed.

What have I not made? I corrected the wiki...

Drawn. No models.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 09:22:49 pm »
I can draw right now a couple of sketches for UFOPEDIA where will be on one page both an ammunition and the weapon, and the information on these.

Sure, please do. For Rocket Launcher and its three kinds of rockets, each with a separate damage type and a piece of decription.

To tell the truth IMHO it is not so convenient when damage type is on other page.

You may be right. But just one click on the ammo model (the click is not yet implemented) and you are on the ammo page where the damage is listed.

What have I not made? I corrected the wiki...

Drawn. No models.

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 09:07:45 am »
Look. We can place all cartrige chambers and other unary ammunition on page with the weapon. I now shall draw it. And and, for example, pomegranates we can place rockets on separate pages. I shall draw it now, too.:)

Drawn. No models.

Ingeniously and simply! There is no I do not suggest to insert a picture, I simply would want that we took from them an example.:)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 12:42:36 pm »
OK, so I'll try to translate: You propose to place all weapons with unary ammunition on one page with the ammunition, and other weapons on separate pages with their ammunition. Right? Great, please draw it. Take care so that the multiple ammunition pages clearly indicate the ammo is multiple. Remember that, usually, on the beginning of the game, only one ammo will be known, the rest has to be researched...

There is no I do not suggest to insert a picture, I simply would want that we took from them an example.:)

I would suggest that you either play XCom, or draw some needed pictures for UFO:AI, such as pictures of skills, damage types, etc. See TODO on the wiki inder Concept Art.

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 02:46:47 pm »
Ok. I already have a picture for the unary weapon. I can lay out it. :)

I am afraid, that UFOPEDIA would coincide with researches, it is necessary to complicate it a little. Later I shall show as - on a picture.

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 12:50:02 am »
Ok. I already have a picture for the unary weapon. I can lay out it. :)

I am afraid, that UFOPEDIA would coincide with researches, it is necessary to complicate it a little. Later I shall show as - on a picture.

Please show both pictures, because I don't understand a thing. :D

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 10:45:02 am »
http://forum.nival.com/rus//attachment.php?attachmentid=16708&d=1154162436

Something in such sort.

Hm. I cant past image at forum. I must make a link.  :(

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 07:25:34 pm »
Hmm. No picture of the ammo clip? And where is the link to the skill pages?

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2006, 01:02:47 pm »
Hmm. No picture of the ammo clip?

No GOOD QUALITY pic of the ammo clip. Arrangement of parameters not necessarily such. I think "accuracy" should be in a column of the weapon. By the way, and there is such parameter as weight of a subject? Such was in x-com. But I have not heard the main thing: it was pleasant to you?:)

And where is the link to the skill pages?

I think that first is necessary to understand even with this picture, secondly with a picture of multiammo weapon and, only, thirdly with a picture of skills. Because they should be drawn simply. Hm...

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFOPEDIA
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2006, 01:19:34 pm »
No GOOD QUALITY pic of the ammo clip.

I meant, where the model of ammo clip should be placed? I don't care about quality, since it's only a mock-up.

By the way, and there is such parameter as weight of a subject?

There will be, but not currently implemented...

But I have not heard the main thing: it was pleasant to you?:)

I'm afraid --- not. I like the rifle pictures. Frankly I would like to have such a model in-game. But it's not me who decides and modellers are busy with models that are missing. It would be waste of their time to let them redesign Assault Rifle based on your picture. About the position of various things on the screen --- it seems chaotic, even if the lack of ammo clip is the cause of most of this impression.

And where is the link to the skill pages?

I think that first is necessary to understand even with this picture, secondly with a picture of multiammo weapon and, only, thirdly with a picture of skills. Because they should be drawn simply. Hm...

Could you translate, please. :)

A M D G

UFOPEDIA
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2006, 03:17:21 pm »
I meant, where the model of ammo clip should be placed? I don't care about quality, since it's only a mock-up.

In a square on the right.

There will be, but not currently implemented...

Let's wait.  :arrow:

I'm afraid --- not. I like the rifle pictures. Frankly I would like to have such a model in-game. But it's not me who decides and modellers are busy with models that are missing. It would be waste of their time to let them redesign Assault Rifle based on your picture. About the position of various things on the screen --- it seems chaotic, even if the lack of ammo clip is the cause of most of this impression.

O devil, it is absolutely unimportant! Pics or rotating model what difference? We talk about an arrangement of parameters of the weapon and it ammo on one page.  :?

My english... :) You in general have understood nothing?